..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: regarding the pcsx2.exe file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it doesnt wanna work for me i click it and my computer said its an unknown format Wacko i have vista
try searching for some viruses
If for some reason you're referring to the archive .gz or .7z then you will need a program such as 7zip, winrar, etc.. to extract the files.
IF you're talking about the literal pcsx2.exe file, then god help you.
i have it already unzipped . the problem is that i just cant get the main pcsx2 file to work ;_;
Well, it just 'not working' can be caused from several factors as is the nature of emulation.
However.. windows not recognizing the exe file format makes absolutely zero sense being that your computer wouldn't be functioning at present had it not understood such.

Screenshot maybe?
Some1 had the same problem not so long ago, solved it by rebooting his pc...
...or redownload the file and extract it again. Sometimes, your download may be corrupted.
(03-21-2009, 11:29 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]...or redownload the file and extract it again. Sometimes, your download may be corrupted.

That's impossible if he downloaded and unpacked an archive...
(03-21-2009, 11:30 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2009, 11:29 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]...or redownload the file and extract it again. Sometimes, your download may be corrupted.

That's impossible if he downloaded and unpacked an archive...

It can still happen. I've had corrupted zips and rars that let me unpack, but still had a bad file or two in them.

A quick re-download would be the easiest way to test, of course.