..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with Champions of Norrath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been looking through some of the champions of norrath threads and my problems seem to be not fixing themselves. SO i figured I would just try to address my computer INSTEAD of looking at others. I am not really familiar with the settings on my computer so if you need to know something just tell me how to get to it and I can provide. So my screen comes up halfway finished (Figured out just have to press f9 to get rid of that) but my loading screen drops to typically 10fps and sometimes gets down to 5fps. stationary screens are running 60fps >>> if i do put a limit on them but {if i don't put a limit on them it has hit 240fps}). From what I understand this loading screen is supposed to be slow so I took the time to slowly navigate to making a character and I was still running at 10fps. Just not sure what to do at this point any ideas?
Post the specs of your PC so we can better assist you.

The halfscreen bug was fixed in a dev build, you can download them here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
however, this game is incredibly demanding and the PC in my sig below cannot run it fullspeed at all times (two player dips down to 45fps, as low as 32fps in the main menu) but if thats fine with you you'll need to tick the "allow 8-bit textures" box in the GSDX settings
by my understanding of the slowdown issue it's basically the PCI-e bus has hit the bandwidth limit as well. So i don't think it's even possible to get 60fps in hardware mode, If anyone has, let me know i'm tired of these slow downs!
(07-18-2015, 08:48 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: [ -> ]Post the specs of your PC so we can better assist you.

The halfscreen bug was fixed in a dev build, you can download them here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
however, this game is incredibly demanding and the PC in my sig below cannot run it fullspeed at all times (two player dips down to 45fps, as low as 32fps in the main menu) but if thats fine with you you'll need to tick the "allow 8-bit textures" box in the GSDX settings
by my understanding of the slowdown issue it's basically the PCI-e bus has hit the bandwidth limit as well. So i don't think it's even possible to get 60fps in hardware mode, If anyone has, let me know i'm tired of these slow downs!

Windows 8.1 (Asus)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB (7.89 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

Also from what it says at the bottom of my computer I have intel core I7 and NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 850m
Also not sure if GSDX has anything to do with it. it says it is GSdx 0 (MSVC 18.00, AVX) 0.1.16----------------- from what I was seeing everyone is running over 5570 where my 0 is and I have a huge drop down menu of those but I have no idea which one to pick
if it says GSdx 0 then you are using the 1.2.1 release. Champions of Norrath does not work right on that. I would recommend getting the latest Git version which has fixes for all the Snowblind games.

Don't expect miracles though, your PC isn't fantastic and the Snowblind games are slow.
SO update I got it working at 30fps+ at the character menu but i don't have software mode on so its half screened. OBV that is a problem and I'm not sure what I'm exactly looking for within that link above
If you update to the Git release like i said above, the half screen problem will no longer be in hardware mode.
does it matter what Git i use or just get the latest one?
Just grab the latest one, then you'll be up to date Smile
(07-18-2015, 10:55 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Just grab the latest one, then you'll be up to date Smile

not sure why the file extension is .7z and what i do i do with it? am i supposed to change it out with one of the PCSX files because i try to run it in visual studio 2013 and it doesnt even load up......
Pages: 1 2