..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: feature request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(07-25-2015, 03:25 PM)kage Wrote: [ -> ]" if you do it for one controller, people will start asking for others too. " You got me man you are right! " So even if Person A and Person B have a 360 controller, the identifier might be different." does that statement hold if we use a program like that...

Yeah, the statement holds.

For instance, if you have two controllers connected:

Which one should be mapped?

Either way, it takes all of 3 minutes to bind your controller, and as has been said if you want to avoid that you can just copy the INI. It's a nice idea, but I don't see it getting high priority since it doesn't affect really anything but save a few users a couple of minutes once every month or so.
(07-25-2015, 07:55 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the statement holds.

For instance, if you have two controllers connected:

Either way, it takes all of 3 minutes to bind your controller, and as has been said if you want to avoid that you can just copy the INI. It's a nice idea, but I don't see it getting high priority since it doesn't affect really anything but save a few users a couple of minutes once every month or so.
" I don't see it getting high priority" I agree with you there even I do not see it getting high priority but it is a nice little addition that will save new users some time and I see it as a good way for some nice programmer to pass the time assuming someone has enough free time that is and as the person who suggested this I will help however I can(and before I forget could you give the thread a more meaningful name I could not come up with anything I chose a generic one to fill the blank title field) any free programmer raise your hand please waiting for youBiggrin
(07-25-2015, 02:21 PM)kage Wrote: [ -> ]make it automatic for xbox360 controller only since it is so popular and all

How do you know that the Xbox 360 controller is more popular than other controllers? I'm just curious.
Xinput has been the standard for a while now, so if it works with Xbox 360 pad, it should work for all semi-recent controllers. Heck, even old pads can use x360ce or something.

Quote:For instance, if you have two controllers connected:

Either by picking from a list, or by pressing a button on the desired pad.

Quote:Either way, it takes all of 3 minutes to bind your controller

Implementing it once will save thousand of work days wasted on mapping buttons Tongue

But yeah,a small issue is a small issue.
PS3/PS4, Logitech, and 360 controllers are the common ones, but yea, don't be lazy, configure your controller it is not hard
I am happy with all the replies but is there anyone who's free enough these days or should we wait for summer vacation....?
I'll be blunt: likely nobody will do it as it honestly can be labeled as a "useless" feature, especially because the active devs are focusing on improving accuracy
I don't use an Xbox 360 controller, so I'm not interested. Also, configuring the bindings takes only just about a minute.
Isn't pad pokopom autoconfigure?
(07-25-2015, 09:43 PM)Rassane Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be blunt: likely nobody will do it as it honestly can be labeled as a "useless" feature, especially because the active devs are focusing on improving accuracy
come on man no need to be so harsh as to call it "useless" more like "less useful I will do it over summer break" take it with a glass of tea and relaxCoolLaugh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7