..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem with Merceneries 2 - World in Flame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i have problem with Merceneries 2 PS2. If i using Direct3D (hardware), its look like this

Quote:[Image: e8c6a41.png]

but its fine when i using Direct3D (Software), but very slow

Quote:[Image: f181ee3.png]

its any can help this problem Sad  ... please Sad
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
you can't really solve the slowdown unless you get a better processor. ( since you are on a laptop the upgrade path is unavailable and you'd preferably need a new desktop (or) better lap to play the game well on software mode.)
(08-06-2015, 10:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
- Core i5 3230M with 2.6 Ghz Up to 3.2 Ghz 4 CPU, 8 GB DDR3, Nvidia 710M with 2 GB, OS : Windows 8
- Use PCSX2 v1.3.1 from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
- Emulation Configuration with Preset No. 3, Direct 3D11 (Hardware) with Original PS2 Resolution Setting
- Name PS2 Game : Merceneries 2 - World in Flame.iso create from original DVD

(08-06-2015, 10:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]you can't really solve the slowdown unless you get a better processor. ( since you are on a laptop the upgrade path is unavailable and you'd preferably need a new desktop (or) better lap to play the game well on software mode.)
so ... the problem is CPU right ... ok thank's ... but i hope developers will fix it for Dirext3D11 (Hardware) setting Smile
(08-06-2015, 11:11 AM)deroronoazorro Wrote: [ -> ]- Core i5 3230M with 2.6 Ghz Up to 3.2 Ghz 4 CPU, 8 GB DDR3, Nvidia 710M with 2 GB, OS : Windows 8
- Use PCSX2 v1.3.1 from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
- Emulation Configuration with Preset No. 3, Direct 3D11 (Hardware) with Original PS2 Resolution Setting
- Name PS2 Game : Merceneries 2 - World in Flame.iso

not a bad CPU, but only a dual core...
you may try setting extra sw rendering threads to 2 or 3 to get a little speedboost in software mode, but don't expect miracles.
It's probably better to play it on your PS2 for now
Try Direct3D9 Hardware mode. Since last update nVidia's drivers, directx11 on pcsx2 it's so bugged.
(08-06-2015, 11:59 AM)boooi Wrote: [ -> ]Try Direct3D9 Hardware mode. Since last update nVidia's drivers, directx11 on pcsx2 it's so bugged.

yap .. same with dolphin emulator Angry
almost close to improvement with PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 718 - gc94fecd Update build 6 May 2016 with OpenGL Hardware, better than before  Smile

before :

Quote:[Image: 6b0c970.jpg]

after:

Quote:[Image: 75ad8ad.jpg]

but, some fog interfere vision

software mode :

Quote:[Image: e934c2c.jpg]
The latter seems like a fog issue now. Try upping skipdraw 1 by 1 and see if you can get rid of the fog entirely.
(05-06-2016, 07:25 PM)Coornio Wrote: [ -> ]The latter seems like a fog issue now. Try upping skipdraw 1 by 1 and see if you can get rid of the fog entirely.

strange ... new version PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 721 Author by Gregory Hainaut broken, always crash using directx hardware or openGL Hardware, but work in software mode ... but PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 720 and 719 work fine using Directx Hardware  or OpenGL Mode

Quote:[Image: ebb13a9.jpg]

Quote:PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 721 by Gregory Hainaut

[Image: e2c4eac.jpg]

Quote:PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 720 by Jonathan Li

[Image: ae596fc.jpg]

with same setting Sad

skip draw not work ... Sad
Pages: 1 2 3