..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: First time use in a long time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, before I used to run PCSX2 on my Macbook Pro Retina (2014) using Windows 8 (bootcamp) but I removed windows 8 along with everything I installed on it and such because now I have a gaming PC.
Specs

Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K 4.4GHZ
GFX:MSI GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 
Memory:Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400MHz ram
Motherboard:MSI Z97 gaming 5 motherboard 
PSU:Corsair CX750M power supply 
SSDWackoandisk Ultra II 240GB SSD
HDDWackoegate 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Case: Corsair Carbide Series: Air 540

It ran flawless on my macbook pro retina I have not used it on this machine yet but I wanted to know what is the best settings to use before hand I know it will run flawless no matter what but still.
Why not try the default settings first...I don't know why some people directly jump to maxing out settings on everything just because they have powerful hardware and then complain about slowdowns.

Start increasing the scaling and stop when you don't see a point in increasing it anymore.The same goes for msaa and fxaa(only use them if you see a difference)
Enabling Async mode from SPU2-X will reduce the sound stuttering but some games don't like this options(may crash or you will loose some sound effects)
Enable MTVU from the speedhacks but keep in mind that not every game like this option

Btw using that font color for your specs,is hard to see while using the dark theme of the forum
(08-09-2015, 04:33 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Why not try the default settings first...I don't know why some people directly jump to maxing out settings on everything just because they have powerful hardware and then complain about slowdowns.

Start increasing the scaling and stop when you don't see a point in increasing it anymore.The same goes for msaa and fxaa(only use them if you see a difference)
Enabling Async mode from SPU2-X will reduce the sound stuttering but some games don't like this options(may crash or you will loose some sound effects)
Enable MTVU from the speedhacks but keep in mind that not every game like this option

Btw using that font color for your specs,is hard to see while using the dark theme of the forum

Thanks and It did that by itself idk how that happened, and on my macbook i did that and it worked fine now I just want to have the best settings while using little power I have a 1080p display
Setting your PC's power plan to Balanced might help save energy. Power Saver tends to downthrottle so I wouldn't recommend it. In your NVIDIA GPU Control Panel, you should be able to choose power management for PCSX2 at least (I found this under the Manage 3D Settings tab).

There might be small things you can do to at least reduce what your GPU does (FXAA and other special features), but I'm not sure if it makes a difference in the grand scheme of saving energy.