..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just built a new PC and installed SCP (this version). My old PC also ran SCP, but the latest "original" version (before the project was unofficially taken over), and it didn't have the problem I'm now having with this version - occasionally, my controller will just lose responsiveness, and both joysticks will read as going full-force up and left. It will do this when I'm not even touching the controller, it can just be sitting on a table and suddenly I'll get that input. The amount of time it lasts and the frequency varies greatly, but it's a fairly common occurrence, actually being to the point where it's affecting my ability to play games, even those I don't play with a controller.

Old PC was Win 7 32-bit, new PC is Win 7 64-bit. Controller is an official Dualshock 3.
I'm having an issue that I've seen mentioned, but haven't found a solution to.  This happened in the "old" version as well.  My OS is Windows 10.

When I have the "SCP DS3 Service" running, my displays will not sleep.  I'm not sure if this affects hibernation as well, but I generally leave my computer on, and I'll wake up in the morning to see that my monitors are still on.  If I shut the service down manually, my display will sleep as normal.  I don't have to reboot to get it to change behavior either - just toggle the service on/off.  I know I can just manually turn the service on and off, but it kinda sucks Sad
SCPToolKit version: 1.5.5.782.20810

I've just installed SCPToolkit and my DS4 controller works great on both USB and bluetooth, so no problems there so far. However, after a reboot the SCP DSx Service is not starting automatically. I've checked that the service is installed and set to Automatic. On checking the Event Viewer logs I could see the following two errors on my most recent boot:

Quote:A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SCP DSx Service service to connect.

and

Quote:The SCP DSx Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

And yet opening services and clicking 'Start' manually fires up SCP straight away and the controller works as expected. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

UPDATE:
I was able to get the service to start automatically by increasing the timeout of windows services to 60 seconds, using the instructions here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922918

However, it's obviously pretty frustrating as it takes a long time to start (about 60 seconds from user login). Could it be waiting for some other services to kick in first?
(11-02-2015, 08:47 PM)DANTE1613 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nefarius! I have some issue with new version of ScpServer v1.5.5782.20810, if i connect gamepad over usb, left stick moves down itself over LY axis and presses PS button, if i connecting over bluetooth everything works fine. The same issue been when i tried version of WkNaZA9 with fix when bluetooth not connecting after reboot/sleep. If i try older version like ScpServer v1.5.5756.37820 everything works fine for both connections usb and bluetooth.

Hi,

the issue's with a fake DS3 right?

(11-02-2015, 10:05 PM)markymarky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nefarius,

I am new to the forum and I am very happy to have found this tool. I was using DS4Windows, but I wanted a solution that allowed me to use a DS3 and DS4 simultaneously over Bluetooth. I found a bug with the latest release (v1.5.5782.20810) that makes the service crash every time I connect 2 different types of controller. If I connect a DS3, it works fine, then it crashes when connecting a DS4 and vice-versa. It only happens over Bluetooth.

Version v1.5.5756.16824 works perfectly!

Also, I would like to contribute and the only thing I am really missing about DS4Windows is the touchpad mouse support. Is this something that is already in progress? If not, this is something that I would be interested to work on.

Thanks for the good work!

Hi,

service crashes? Are there logs generated?

Touchpad mouse support is planned but I haven't yet started implementing it sou you're welcome to give it a try  Smile

(11-03-2015, 04:08 AM)wohdin Wrote: [ -> ]So I just built a new PC and installed SCP (this version). My old PC also ran SCP, but the latest "original" version (before the project was unofficially taken over), and it didn't have the problem I'm now having with this version - occasionally, my controller will just lose responsiveness, and both joysticks will read as going full-force up and left. It will do this when I'm not even touching the controller, it can just be sitting on a table and suddenly I'll get that input. The amount of time it lasts and the frequency varies greatly, but it's a fairly common occurrence, actually being to the point where it's affecting my ability to play games, even those I don't play with a controller.

Old PC was Win 7 32-bit, new PC is Win 7 64-bit. Controller is an official Dualshock 3.

Guys, please. I know it annoying if it doesn't work for some of you but I'm flying blind if you don't submit log files. Just a reminder.
(11-03-2015, 04:35 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

the issue's with a fake DS3 right?

Hi,

service crashes? Are there logs generated?

Touchpad mouse support is planned but I haven't yet started implementing it sou you're welcome to give it a try  Smile

Guys, please. I know it annoying if it doesn't work for some of you but I'm flying blind if you don't submit log files. Just a reminder.

I actually tried to read my own logs but that didn't end well xD.
Nefarius, yes with fake controller
(11-03-2015, 04:46 AM)airbiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue that I've seen mentioned, but haven't found a solution to.  This happened in the "old" version as well.  My OS is Windows 10.

When I have the "SCP DS3 Service" running, my displays will not sleep.  I'm not sure if this affects hibernation as well, but I generally leave my computer on, and I'll wake up in the morning to see that my monitors are still on.  If I shut the service down manually, my display will sleep as normal.  I don't have to reboot to get it to change behavior either - just toggle the service on/off.  I know I can just manually turn the service on and off, but it kinda sucks Sad

Yes, this is still an open issue.
Hi,

I've run into a problem with my BT adapter and my DS4. My DS3 works wirelessly just fine as far as I can tell, but my DS4 is getting nothing. I haven't tried using the DS4 wirelessly before. Trying to use the gamepad analyser, after selecting either of the two Xbox controller options (they are named identically) and then selecting "open device", the window closes/program stops. Disconnecting/reconnecting the cable to the DS4, I hear DC/RC noises, and the light stops. Seems pretty dead.

BT dongle name/hardware ID:

CSR8510A10
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891

To my understanding this adapter has troubles on DS4W & Inputmapper as well, so it's probably incompatible somehow. Still, I'd love to have it working, and hopefully it can't hurt to ask if there's anything I can do about it.

<3
I have actually just tried this with another bluetooth device (one on the compatibility list) which i know is just a verified part, but heck it was on it's way here anyway already (ordered it cause i assumed it was strict). However it also simply does not work.. Nefarius would you have any idea what is going on based on the logs (or the new ones i will attach), no clue if there is anything visible in this.. but asking blindly without logs would make it even more impossible. Btw my apoligies if i seem hasty but this is actually confusing the heck out of me  Blink (usually i am able to solve issues myself, but that is not helping this time xD). Or anything i can do that might solve it would be great aswell xD.
Really, thanks for any help! Smile

Update:
Apparently picking one more thing to install the bluetooth driver to worked.. no clue how but it did.. now let's see if it will hold up xD.

update 2:
Apparently now it stops recognizing after awhile on usb (this is actually getting confusingly funny by now.. but yeah bluetooth still works (i seem to have needed to also install on one of the usb things except the bluetooth dongle itself).
I'm going crazy right now attempting to make this work. The previous time I used the SCP setup was with my DS3 controller. It worked perfect for me albeit having to have a dedicated dongle. Now here I'm am trying to get this newly acquired DS4 controller to work via USB(for right now) to no avail. If I want I can use the Bluetooth method to make my PS4 controller work with games but it's always a hassle to reset-up when I'm done playing until the next time because of Microsoft's wonky native bluetooth drivers/settings/software.

Basically my problem is 1. My computer won't recognize my DS4 upon usb connection(I get the yellow charging light?), I don't see the controller pop up in devices and printers. 2. In the SCPToolkit Driver Installer menu, I'm receiving errors for installation. I also can't see my controller available in the "Choose Dualshock 4 controllers to install". Any help or feedback given would be a appreciated.