..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!
I've discovered the Scp driver awhile back ago and was able to use them succesfully with my DS3 pad. But now after the recent Win 10 update 1511 I don't get my DS3 pad to run with the drivers at all. I downloaded the newest versions ... (un)installed the drivers a few times but without any results. Are there any issues known that comes along with the win 10 1511 update?

PS: Thanks for all the work in general !!!! Great work !!
(11-16-2015, 10:18 AM)ollydas Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is, I can't find anything on how to remap buttons. I saw earlier in the thread something about profiles and SCPMonitor? I don't have any of that. I've got what says is the Legacy version of SCP Toolkit monitor. Opening that and then right-clicking the notification area icon only gives "Input Tester" (which looks pretty similar) and "Reset Position". What am I doing wrong?

input tester was what I usually used to change the buttons, but like I said the last few versions (maybe even since the reload, not sure) you had to do it via the scpmapper.xml. if you know a bit about xml, it shouldn't be easy to change the buttons.

I only ever used it with a ds3 tho, no idea if it even supports a ds4.
(11-16-2015, 01:43 AM)Jukodu Wrote: [ -> ]seems the input manager isn't working in the new update.

previously I could edit ScpMapper.xml directly, and when I open the input mapper via the monitor it does show "TB Swap" as current profile - yet L1/L2 are still the same and not swapped in the mapper and in games.

which brings me to another question: how are you supposed to use the input mapper? Laugh
in the original version there was a save button etc., current version doesn't have one and doesn't seem to save a change on it's own.

If by "Input Mapper" you refer to to the button/axis mapping capabilities then that's fine: I kicked it out. The old profile manager was a mess and impossible to maintain so I ditched it. Should have mentioned it in the release notes, sorry Ninja It will be replaced with a newer and shinier successor with more capabilities and flexibility than this old pile of code Laugh
(11-16-2015, 02:47 PM)Jukodu Wrote: [ -> ]input tester was what I usually used to change the buttons, but like I said the last few versions (maybe even since the reload, not sure) you had to do it via the scpmapper.xml. if you know a bit about xml, it shouldn't be easy to change the buttons.

I only ever used it with a ds3 tho, no idea if it even supports a ds4.

So I tried editing the Mapper.xml, but it doesn't seem to work or even register changes. Seems like I make any change to the file and then Input Tester loses all of the profiles.

Code:
      <Name>TP Swap</Name>
      <Type>Global</Type>
      <Value />
      <DS3>
        <Button />
        <Axis>
          <L2>None</L2>
          <R2>None</R2>
        </Axis>
      </DS3>
      <DS4>
        <Button>
            <TP>SH</TP>
        <Button />
        <Axis>
          <L2>None</L2>
          <R2>None</R2>
        </Axis>
      </DS4>
(11-16-2015, 04:16 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]If by "Input Mapper" you refer to to the button/axis mapping capabilities then that's fine: I kicked it out. The old profile manager was a mess and impossible to maintain so I ditched it. Should have mentioned it in the release notes, sorry Ninja It will be replaced with a newer and shinier successor with more capabilities and flexibility than this old pile of code Laugh

yeah, that one. Wink

it worked at least via xml-editing, but that seems to be gone as well. any chance we can get that back till we get a newer and shinier version?
on ps3 aim/shoot is usually on the bumper because claw grip, having it on the triggers like it's default on the xbox pads just feels... off. :/

(11-16-2015, 04:35 PM)ollydas Wrote: [ -> ]So I tried editing the Mapper.xml, but it doesn't seem to work or even register changes. Seems like I make any change to the file and then Input Tester loses all of the profiles.

it doesn't work right now, unless you run win10 TH2 update (which seems to mess with the old version) you could try and see if it works in one of those.
Haven't checked in with the SCP driver in a while, glad to see you're continuing the development!
Does the driver support swapping the DPAD & left stick through button remapping? This is a feature that was missing from Scarlet.Crush's latest build, and is the reason why I still have to use MotioninJoy.

Edit: Based on the posts above it seems button remapping is being redone. I look forward to the results, good luck.
(11-16-2015, 07:00 AM)laurorual Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't find anything related to this so i'm gonna ask...
Why is my DS3 blinking the leds when connected to the bluetooth?
With previous versions of this the leds were ok, but now they dont stop blinking, like when it is searching for the bluetooth adapter.
When conected to USB it is fine tho.
Also, the server isn't starting with boot (windows 10). How can i start it manually?

Same for me, does rumble work over BT for you?

Did you try starting the Server right klicking from the windows services?
Just type services.msc in your startmenue search and look for the service.
Hi!

Thanks for great job. I've used this program on my Windows 10, but downgraded it to Windows 7 for some reason a while ago. When I trying to install Toolkit (latest version in the link from the beginning of this thread) my system just stops to respond. Always. Hard reset helps, but hell... And it seems some drivers are not installed correctly after this.

Any ideas?

Upd. Strange... now it's all normal. I just installed latest drivers for X-BOX360 (in Windows 10 there's always new drivers for gamepad, but in Windows 7 are not). Maybe this is the reason?
Downloaded the TH2 update on Windows 10 on Friday, and am unable to install DS3 drivers with Scp. Was working perfectly the day before. I've included the log of the ScpDriver, as well as the Debug Toolkit from your version of the program. Any suggestions on what to do?

Debug Toolkit
ScpDriver Log
I've been search and reading through this forum as well as the GitHub repository and while I 'm pretty sure there's a relatively simple resolution to my problem - I haven't been able to find it.  

PROBLEM:
My generic PS3 adapter works great when connected via USB cable but is not recognized (will not pair?) with my Bluetooth Dongle

SITUATION:
1.  Clean Win10 Install (done this twice)
2.  Most recent, stable release downloaded and installed - ScpToolkit v1.6.126.15319 from https://github.com/nefarius/ScpServer/releases
3.  Using known good Asus USB-BT211 v2.1+EDR Bluetooth Dongle - USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002&REV_0001
4.  Using "CECHZC2U" controller, the "BigBen BB4401 PS3PADRFLX (3rd Party Controller)" - USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100

TESTS:
1.  Installation of ScpServer went off without error
2.  Controller is recognized without any issue when connected via USB
3.  Multiple reboots & tried deleting the "libusbK USB Devices" (both gamepad & bluetooth adapater) and the Xbox 360 Controller - no joy after a reboot when Win10 reinstalled the devices

RESOLUTION IDEAS:
1.  I read something in the many, many pages of responses about a setting for generic vs genuine controllers but can't figure out where to flip that flag if need be.  Maybe this was something only present in the prior version or ?
2.  I also read about adding a HardwareId line to the ScpControl.ini file so I modified the file as follows:
            [Bluetooth Dongles]
            ; GUID to identify supported bluetooth dongles
            ; DO NOT CHANGE unless you know what you are doing!
            DeviceGuid = {2F87C733-60E0-4355-8515-95D6978418B2}
            HardwareId = USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002
- I since deleted the "HardwareId = USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3002" line as I found that the DeviceGuid lists the correct HardwareId number after my registry search so I'm assuming that the DeviceGuid now supersedes with prior implicit HardwareId listing in the ScpControl.ini file.

Help?