..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-18-2015, 11:31 PM)jamiwe Wrote: [ -> ]Because a few users (including me) are reporting that there are issues with the LEDs and the rumble function over bluetooth. A few (2 or 3 pages back) I wrote kinda detailed post.
I used to have the SCP version without the installer installed on my Win 7 PC and my original DS3 controller worked perfectly fine via USB and Bluetooth.

After I upgraded to the latest version of this tool it only works via USB but has some bugs connection with bluetooth.

When connecting with bluetooth, the LEDs of the controller won't stop blinking (the controller still works) and the rumble command does not work thoug it works when the controller is connected with the cable.
In previous versions my DS3 was not recognized as fake one but the new version does and tells me something about applying some kind of differen driver?! Not sure atm, writing out of my head.

I do not want to sound ungreatful! Just kinda curious where the problems is because I am using the original controller that was shipped with my PS3 and which used to work in previous versions.

Thanks in advance, really appreciate your work!

Ah I see, excuse me, it's hard to keep track of who has which problem. I think I might have the solution for this problem. Stay tuned.
(11-19-2015, 12:00 AM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I see, excuse me, it's hard to keep track of who has which problem. I think I might have the solution for this problem. Stay tuned.

Thanks a lot. I know this from my times at xda developers.
Thats why I mentioned that I do not want to sound roude or ungrateful!

Looking forward a new post and hughe thanks for fixing the boot problem with the bluetooth driver this f*cked up every boot process and I had to disconnect the dongle everytime I restarted my pc. Now it works as expected!
(11-18-2015, 08:31 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]You have some phony Xbox 360 Controller for Windows with the wrong driver on your system which confuses the Scp drivers. Please look for them in the Device manager under libusbK devices and manually uninstall them. Then hit refresh to let Windows install the correct drivers.

I have reinstalled my windows to make sure I have only required drivers, but this problem still persists. 
It looks like only one controller can be used wireless and the other only via usb (vice versa), if I disconnect other controller from pc they both freezing and not responding. 
Am I doing something wrong with settings?(I suppose to have 1 dongle for both pads, right?) 

This is what i have after fresh windows and scptoolkit.
(11-18-2015, 11:37 PM)jamiwe Wrote: [ -> ]Does the rumble (force feedback) function work for you while you are connected via bluetooth?

Now that you mention it, it doesnt.
(11-18-2015, 01:06 AM)DarkTron Wrote: [ -> ]1). Not 100% sure what to do with those admin files, any pointers?

2). The service has appeared to have stopped, and when I try to start it in Services on W10, I get the following message

"Windows could not start the SCP DS3 Service service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency group or service failed."

All dependencies are installed, but the listings say this driver has no dependencies.

I am using Scarlet's version of SCP for this, so the question is how do I make the error go away?

Any chance someone could help me? I'm using both the Toolkit and the original, and the connection is through a USB
(11-18-2015, 02:47 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]You controller is fake and currently not supported over Bluetooth, sorry Sad

Got it - that was simple ... if not the answer I was hoping for.  So for Bluetooth - the only controller supported is an official Sony PS3 controller or the official PS4 controller?

Assuming the answer to the answer is yes which would necessitate a new purchase, am I better off just purchase an Xbox controller with native Windows10 support?  Let's assume:

1.  I don't really care about the controller itself (remove the religious arguements that PS controllers are better then Xbox) 
2.  I'm really just interested in general PC gaming where I'm mostly using a keyboard/mouse but would like to use a controller for some games
3.  Plan on using this with my kids in our living room (so definitely want wireless control)
4.  I want this to just work (as much as anything in the computer world ever "just works")

Thoughts?

Thanks much
(11-19-2015, 01:59 AM)mgreig Wrote: [ -> ]Got it - that was simple ... if not the answer I was hoping for.  So for Bluetooth - the only controller supported is an official Sony PS3 controller or the official PS4 controller?

Assuming the answer to the answer is yes which would necessitate a new purchase, am I better off just purchase an Xbox controller with native Windows10 support?  Let's assume:

1.  I don't really care about the controller itself (remove the religious arguements that PS controllers are better then Xbox) 
2.  I'm really just interested in general PC gaming where I'm mostly using a keyboard/mouse but would like to use a controller for some games
3.  Plan on using this with my kids in our living room (so definitely want wireless control)
4.  I want this to just work (as much as anything in the computer world ever "just works")

Thoughts?

Thanks much

If you want wireless, be aware that you will need to buy a separate dongle. Xbox controllers don't use Bluetooth. But since you want something that "just works", Xbox is probably the way to go in this case.
(11-19-2015, 05:32 AM)smooth_jazz Wrote: [ -> ]If you want wireless, be aware that you will need to buy a separate dongle. Xbox controllers don't use Bluetooth. But since you want something that "just works", Xbox is probably the way to go in this case.

Thanks ... I saw that - but for a $10 wireless dongle (about the same cost as a Bluetooth controller anyway) I'm going to call that about a wash...
Hi! It's great that you continue to support and improve the project.One little issue thou. After starting windows the x360 controller is detected automatically and there is no way to disable it. It seems nice because you don't have to do anything else to use the cotroller but it causes issue with some games. For example, some games if x360 controller is detected will always want to use it without the option of switching to keybord and in this case using keybord is immposible becose of it. In the old version of SCP(SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.2.175-Update) xbox controler was not detected until you run scp service so it was really easy to control if you want play with cotroller or keybord.Because of this issue i am forced to still use the old versionWink Is it possilble to do it that if ds3 is not than x360 controller is not wissible by windows?
Hi i just registered to say thank you.Been using scp for years when scarlet on it.

Anyways just wanna let you know my FAKE (3rd party controller would never work on bluetooth just on wired usb while my original controller had no problem on Bluetooth.

Im using windows 10 .I just uninstall the old version 1.5.x , and installed the latest which is 1.6.x something ( 4 days old according to your github), to my surprise the FAKE controller was detected via bluetooth as i unplug its usb wire. My original controller is also detected via Bluetooth.

Both work via wired and Bluetooth Smile ( thanks) .Issues i'm encountering is

1. all 4 led of ORIGINAL controller continuously flashing (just like when its searching for Bluetooth)  even tough it has connected and is working fine.
2.Vibration isnt working for original controller.

No issue at all with FAKE controller. led and vibration works as intended.

I have not use any of the other scptoolkit or mess/change any settings, just normal install( not force ).Didnt even reboot pc yet.

I would like to help out if i can but im not sure what to provide to you (apparently installation log didn't get saved..? dont know why, log only shows me uninstall old scp ver1.5, nothing on 1.6 installation.) so just let me know what to test or if you need an info from me that is.
I attach the debug log if it is of any use.

Thank you for all your work .