..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would go digging through the thread for potential answers to my question, but I'm worried it may be specific to me. I've had this issue for a while now. 

I use a DS4 controller wired to my desktop, it connects fine and seems fine, always showing the connected LED. However, randomly it will stop sending input from the controller until I unplug and plug it back in. The last input will continue to be sent until I unplug it(which is really bad in Dark Souls. D: ) 

I've already run a debug and have attached it. Hopefully someone knows what's going on and can help me out.

Also, side note. Thanks for continuing SCP's work Nefarious. I'd be dead in the water without this wrapper. Laugh

Edit: I've tried different DS4 and multiple different cables as well. Before someone posts that.
(11-19-2015, 12:27 AM)Mugen_fd2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have reinstalled my windows to make sure I have only required drivers, but this problem still persists. 
It looks like only one controller can be used wireless and the other only via usb (vice versa), if I disconnect other controller from pc they both freezing and not responding. 
Am I doing something wrong with settings?(I suppose to have 1 dongle for both pads, right?) 

This is what i have after fresh windows and scptoolkit.

Did you stop the service before you started the Debug Collector? There's a crucial log file missing in your archive...
(11-19-2015, 08:29 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Did you stop the service before you started the Debug Collector? There's a crucial log file missing in your archive...

I think its stopped now. 
Also DS4 doesn't vibrate in game.(didn't try ds3)

ps. thank you for your efforts to help!
(11-19-2015, 03:24 PM)Balwind Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i just registered to say thank you.Been using scp for years when scarlet on it.

Anyways just wanna let you know my FAKE (3rd party controller would never work on bluetooth just on wired usb while my original controller had no problem on Bluetooth.

Im using windows 10 .I just uninstall the old version 1.5.x , and installed the latest which is 1.6.x something ( 4 days old according to your github), to my surprise the FAKE controller was detected via bluetooth as i unplug its usb wire. My original controller is also detected via Bluetooth.

Both work via wired and Bluetooth Smile ( thanks) .Issues i'm encountering is

1. all 4 led of ORIGINAL controller continuously flashing (just like when its searching for Bluetooth)  even tough it has connected and is working fine.
2.Vibration isnt working for original controller.

No issue at all with FAKE controller. led and vibration works as intended.

I have not use any of the other scptoolkit or mess/change any settings, just normal install( not force ).Didnt even reboot pc yet.

I would like to help out if i can but im not sure what to provide to you (apparently installation log didn't get saved..? dont know why, log only shows me uninstall old scp ver1.5, nothing on 1.6 installation.) so just let me know what to test or if you need an info from me that is.
I attach the debug log if it is of any use.

Thank you for all your work .

I hope I can shed some light on what's happening between releases and why suddenly genuine ones are detected as fakes and some fakes suddenly working wile some features might or might not work. So... *takes deep breath*:

Genuine or fake?
Since (most) counterfeit controllers spoof ("steal/replicate") Sonys official Vendor IDs and Product IDs (used by Windows to detect which driver to use among other things) I can't use those as a reliable unique characteristic to detect if the controller is officially endorsed/manufactured/distributed by Sony. But there is another difference I can use: the MAC address of the Bluetooth chip. Sony uses high quality branded ones by a company named ALPS. These companies "own" certain MAC address ranges; ALPS has a few dozen ones. Since the fake "PANHAI" controllers are built down to a price they'll use other vendor's Bluetooth chips like the ones from BEKEN. Since their MAC addresses start with different values I can use them to imply that non-APLS ones are not made by Sony.

Genuine as fake?!
With this method we run into a simple problem; it's a "white-listing" approach which means that every time a Sony DualShock is reported as fake it's 99% sure that it just uses a newer MAC address since ALPS has many of them. Thanks to this site I may now have found all addresses used by ALPS and therefore used by Sony controllers. I included them in the next release and this will hopefully fix the false fake allegations Tongue

Fake one works!
Congratulations, older generations of counterfeit controllers may replicate the original well enough to make it work "accidentally" with the driver software.

Fake one only works wired!
I haven't yet figured it out completely but I'm pretty confident that at some point in the past fake controllers started to use a different brand of Bluetooth chips or other micro processors which do something different than the original Sony ones but are still accepted by the PlayStation. When I have more free time I will continue my research on this.

Fake one works wireless but LEDs freak out or no rumble!
This indicates that the Bluetooth connection itself works but the data sent to the controller isn't interpreted right. I managed to write some fixes for those in wired mode but haven't yet succeeded with the deviations in the wireless protocol. More research required.

I hope this brought some more insight into those issues. I will do my best to support as many "cheapos" as possible but bear in mind that I'm completely blind on this; there's no public documentation (and even if there is, it would probably be in Chinese...) of the Chips used by the counterfeits nor do I own professional reverse engineering equipment. I either have to build my own gear or just guess, poke and test different approaches until I may hit something.
Hi Nefarius! I'm back again with my problem with spontaneously pressed buttons, i played in games of couple days and this problem still there, sometimes pressed itself d-pad down or up and pressed ps buttons, and sometimes gamepad freeze and not respond any buttons, if disconnect and connect from usb all works again.
\\?\hid#vid_046d&pid_c52b&mi_02&col01#7&28642aae&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
New information about my issue.

The problem is with the SCP Ds3 service.

It stops randomly on it's own.

I set it to restart on all three trouble levels and 0 mins to reset and it helped some but still reset on me while plugged in during a boss fight.

SO, tonight I disabled the service and ran the legacy server and imagine my surprise that I had no issues wired or wireless at all.

Hope this narrows it down and you can find out why the SCP service shuts itself off.

I would rather run it as a service because it is cleaner and less hassle.

But if I have to run the legacy, could you add a feature to minimize it to the notification tray so it isn't sitting on the taskbar? and maybe a setting to start when windows starts minimized to notification area?

Or would you care if I wrote the changes myself? At least to the legacy server minimizing to the notification area.
I'm really confused about something that doesn't seem to be explained in any FAQ or installation instructions and even my searching this thread is proving to result in nothing. Here's the situation.

I want to use 2 DS3 and 2 DS4 controllers over bluetooth. I have a Macbook Pro with Windows 7 bootcamped on it. Can someone please describe to me the process of making this work? I've gotten as far as installing the bluetooth drivers which, according to the installation instructions, ARE supported. But then what? Am I supposed to have both types of controller plugged into USB and select their device name for the PS3 and PS4 sections of the driver installer? How does pairing actually work for bluetooth? I'm really dumb about this stuff but I don't think I skipped anything in the instructions linked in the OP. Thanks for any help!
Here are the results of the gamepad analyzer for my DS3 gamepad

edit: I almost forgot! Thank you so much for your continuing with SCP. Prior to using the versions which you've released, I've been using an older version of SCP and it was hit or miss with but with your release (which I found only a few hours ago) I've been able to setup my DS3 effortlessly with a brilliantly designed installer! My only qualm is that I'm getting the "Genuine as fake?!" that you mentioned a few posts above this one but everything works well with when the USB is connected and I'm very happy with that! Thanks again for your hard work and I hope the "Genuine as fake" puzzle is solved soon!
Maybe you can help me fix a annoyance. I keep getting the same error when I boot up after a fresh install; something about a script error.

The controller still works(Genuine DS3 btw), I just wonder what that script error is and if it can be canned so I don't see it anymore. I can get you a screenshot if you're curious.