..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Wondering if this improves DS4 support at all? There seemed to be noticable latency when using DS4 using scpserver compared to something like DS4windows, whereas DS3's were fine.
(08-20-2015, 09:24 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Progress report on Profiler GUI:

[Image: 20-08-_2015_21-46-05.png]

Would it be possible to create and uninstall that wipes the system clean of anything to do with SCP. I want to start fresh to just get rid of any problems, im getting frustrated with myself when i get one thing fixed and break another. Im not sure if you can do a complete clean but it would be nice to be able to properly restart.
By the way, since somehow the old scarlet.crush drivers apparently installed the first time (and then subsequent updates no longer did), is there a way to uninstall everything related to Scp completely? Because I've done all the usual things of uninstalling the scp driver through its own driver window and by removing the drivers for the ds3 and reinstalling that again. But that doesn't seems to change anything. How can I be completely sure everything related to scp has been removed from my PC? Then I can at least rule that out as the reason why the PnP service isn't installing for me and JohnLoyd1.
(08-22-2015, 10:34 AM)KinanEldari Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, since somehow the old scarlet.crush drivers apparently installed the first time (and then subsequent updates no longer did), is there a way to uninstall everything related to Scp completely? Because I've done all the usual things of uninstalling the scp driver through its own driver window and by removing the drivers for the ds3 and reinstalling that again. But that doesn't seems to change anything. How can I be completely sure everything related to scp has been removed from my PC? Then I can at least rule that out as the reason why the PnP service isn't installing for me and JohnLoyd1.

Yes, you can do this by hand if for some reason the (un-)installer tool won't cooperate with your system.

1. Open the Windows services console to check if the DS3 service is still there:
    Go to Run and enter services.msc (press Win + R key combination to open run dialog)
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-11-45.png]
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-12-04.png]
    If it's still there (and running), stop it:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-17-53.png]

2. Delete the service. Open an elevated command prompt and enter sc delete Ds3Service
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-18-48.png]

3. Next open up Device Manager, either via Win + X menu or Win + R and type mmc devmgmt.msc
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-19-03.png]
  4. Remove the Virtual Bus driver first! Don't forget to tick the removal box:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-25-57.png]
  5. Remove all non-categorized USB devices:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-19-47.png]
  6. Let Windows install the "original" device drivers via hitting the Refresh-button in Device Manager in the top:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-20-18.png]
  7. After that if the devices are getting installed as "USB devices" again instead e.g. Game Pad, Bluetooth device etc. repeat step 5 multiple times, I don't know why this may happen sometimes but simply repeating this step in my Windows 10 test machine did the trick.
  8. You should now be able to delete/move the Scp-Install-Directory too if you like.
That's all there is to it, no files copied or moved around in system32 etc. all driver installation and un-installation tasks performed by the Scp installer are done with standard Windows API so you shouldn't have to poke around in system directories manually. 

If you still have troubles installing the toolkit after this procedure, open a text editor (Notepad or the recommended Notepad++) as Administrator, open the file C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log, purge the content (don't worry, it's just debugging information, the system doesn't need it to function properly), run the Scp installer again and post the file here (which should contain content again).

Hope this helps! Smile
(08-22-2015, 02:43 AM)youturnjason Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Wondering if this improves DS4 support at all? There seemed to be noticable latency when using DS4 using scpserver compared to something like DS4windows, whereas DS3's were fine.

Yeah, I've noticed a ridiculous delay when using my borrowed genuine DS4 via Bluetooth, I'm looking into that Wacko
(08-22-2015, 01:48 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can do this by hand if for some reason the (un-)installer tool won't cooperate with your system.

1. Open the Windows services console to check if the DS3 service is still there:
    Go to Run and enter services.msc (press Win + R key combination to open run dialog)
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-11-45.png]
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-12-04.png]
    If it's still there (and running), stop it:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-17-53.png]

2. Delete the service. Open an elevated command prompt and enter sc delete Ds3Service
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-18-48.png]

3. Next open up Device Manager, either via Win + X menu or Win + R and type mmc devmgmt.msc
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-19-03.png]
  4. Remove the Virtual Bus driver first! Don't forget to tick the removal box:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-25-57.png]
  5. Remove all non-categorized USB devices:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-19-47.png]
  6. Let Windows install the "original" device drivers via hitting the Refresh-button in Device Manager in the top:
    [Image: 22-08-_2015_13-20-18.png]
  7. After that if the devices are getting installed as "USB devices" again instead e.g. Game Pad, Bluetooth device etc. repeat step 5 multiple times, I don't know why this may happen sometimes but simply repeating this step in my Windows 10 test machine did the trick.
  8. You should now be able to delete/move the Scp-Install-Directory too if you like.
That's all there is to it, no files copied or moved around in system32 etc. all driver installation and un-installation tasks performed by the Scp installer are done with standard Windows API so you shouldn't have to poke around in system directories manually. 

If you still have troubles installing the toolkit after this procedure, open a text editor (Notepad or the recommended Notepad++) as Administrator, open the file C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log, purge the content (don't worry, it's just debugging information, the system doesn't need it to function properly), run the Scp installer again and post the file here (which should contain content again).

Hope this helps! Smile

No luck.... I deleted everything and got it back to just the bluetooth drivers. I installed scp again from a fresh download of the toolkit and got errors with PnP installation and also starting the service. Dont know what else to do. heres the setupapi log.
Uninstall the DS3 drivers again, open c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\ look for folders named"scpvbus.inf_" delete them or move them somewhere on your desktop. Make sure every service/driver are removed/uninstalled as shown in the previous post and don't forget to reboot if you uninstalled any before trying to reinstall your DS3 drivers.

Also make sure the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp is empty before you try to reinstall the drivers. If it has folders/files in it, delete them. They're left overs from the bad installs.

On windows 10, did you try some of the scripts to stop the telemetry thing? If you did, I mean if it's the scripts made by you-don't-know-who found on some forums that add a bunch of stuff in your host file and delete services.. Sorry to say it but you're good to reinstall your system. Most are retarded junk that will trash your system.
Keep up the good work man, any news on when the new profile editor will be released ?
I'm sorry also if this is a stupid question, but does this software only affect the behavior of the controller in the emulator, or the behavior of the controller within windows?
(08-23-2015, 10:13 PM)Primode Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry also if this is a stupid question, but does this software only affect the behavior of the controller in the emulator, or the behavior of the controller within windows?

This software makes windows think your Dualshock controller is an Xbox 360 controller. 1st by connecting with usb and 2nd by turning you're bluetooth adapter into an exclusive sync with you're dualshock controller.

This software knows it's a Dualshock controller and reads the face buttons as pressure sensitive but PCSX2 does not support that I believe and Windows always sees it as an Xbox 360 controller.