..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-29-2015, 12:02 AM)KinanEldari Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the visual studio thing that you need to install for it? Makes me wonder whether uninstalling and reinstalling it may work...

In any case, as I've said before, now at least it's clear what the issue is and this thread will hopefully serve to help others when they run into the issue.

Nope, it's these two components: They're core components of Windows, so normally you should be able to rely on them to do their job and can't really use alternatives. I quote the first paragraph just for lulz:

Quote:To allow device and driver installation to "just work," Microsoft Corporation began by incorporating Plug and Play (PnP) technology into Microsoft Windows 95. One technology that was developed to meet this goal is the Driver Install Frameworks (DIFx).

Since Windows 95, ey? Laugh
(08-29-2015, 07:45 AM)Chris34 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not wise to try to install modified third party drivers when your device has issue with the generic/vendor drivers.

For the error codes, Google is your best friend. Always.

Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/943104

or have a look here, people having the same issue you have.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...f11?auth=1
I havent tried installing any third party stuff. Ive been uninstalling directly via device manager. I have however discovered I am connected via bluetooth. When running the service and trying to connect via bluetooth the 4 LEDs on the back of my DS3 just flash. However if the service is stopped and I run ScpServer I can connect via bluetooth i click the PS Button and then rumble a side and it shows connection with LED 1 lit up.
What I mean is the SCP driver is a third party modified driver that piggy back on your existing drivers in to correctly. It needs to be installed on a system that doesn't have preexisting issues (ie: your Bluetooth dongle error code 10) with the hardware it will use in order to work correctly.

Now that you know your issues with the Bluetooth and scp drivers are more than likely related to that error code 10 you had before installing the SCP drivers, remove all the SCP-related drivers, fix that Code 10 error issue you have with your Bluetooth dongle, then, once everything is working correctly, you can reinstall the SCP drivers and enjoy a working PS3 adapter on your PC Wink

Try the two links I posted, lot of people seem to have this code 10 error. Shouldn't be hard to find a fix online.
(08-29-2015, 08:44 PM)Chris34 Wrote: [ -> ]What I mean is the SCP driver is a third party modified driver that piggy back on your existing drivers in to correctly. It needs to be installed on a system that doesn't have preexisting issues (ie: your Bluetooth dongle error code 10) with the hardware it will use in order to work correctly.

Now that you know your  issues with the Bluetooth and scp drivers are more than likely related to that error code 10 you had before installing the SCP drivers, remove all the SCP-related drivers, fix that Code 10 error issue you have with your Bluetooth dongle, then, once everything is working correctly, you can reinstall the SCP drivers and enjoy a working PS3 adapter on your PC Wink

Try the two links I posted, lot of people seem to have this code 10 error. Shouldn't be hard to find a fix online.
I couldn't find a successful fix, but im not sure the code 10 error is a problem. Considering that my bluetooth works when im running ScpServer but not the ScpService. Its got to be something scp related then.
Quote:Considering that my bluetooth works when im running ScpServer but not the ScpService. Its got to be something scp related then.

Easy way to find out what is the issue; install your dongle on another system, install the manufacturer drivers for your Bluetooth dongle, then install the scp drivers. If it's working correctly on this system, it's your Windows 10 install that has issue. If it's not it's either the dongle or the scp drivers.
In the meantime: new beta release! This one's for experimenting enthusiasts only, not meant for production. Might have some interesting changes for DS4-users Biggrin Tests and feedback welcome!
Tried it, noticed a small improvement in DS4 over bluetooth, but still nowhere near the responsiveness of usb.
(08-30-2015, 04:39 PM)youturnjason Wrote: [ -> ]Tried it, noticed a small improvement in DS4 over bluetooth, but still nowhere near the responsiveness of usb.

Same here, at least it looks like I'm on the right track Tongue
Apologies for bring this up again (but I fear my post the other day might have gotten buried at this point):

But is it typical behavior when link two PS3 controllers to one Bluetooth adapter via Scp drivers, that one controller is always designated as 'controller 1' and the other 'controller 2'? I believe with the PS3 console, the first controller turned on was always defaulted to 'controller 1'. Is there a way to get this type of behavior through the Scp method?
(08-30-2015, 07:11 PM)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies for bring this up again (but I fear my post the other day might have gotten buried at this point):

But is it typical behavior when link two PS3 controllers to one Bluetooth adapter via Scp drivers, that one controller is always designated as 'controller 1' and the other 'controller 2'? I believe with the PS3 console, the first controller turned on was always defaulted to 'controller 1'. Is there a way to get this type of behavior through the Scp method?

Yes this is the intended behavior, at this stage you can only manually switch controller positions via ScpMonitor.