..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-21-2016, 07:26 AM)theflamecrow Wrote: [ -> ]So I've finally tried to get my DS3 to work, but I seem to be missing R2 and L2.... x.x

I'm running Win7 so I don't know if that's part of the problem? Just running the controller via USB since I don't have any bluetooth thingies.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot that?

Just a small idea, but did you go to control panel > devices and printers > right click on the virtual Xbox controller > game controller settings > properties? You can check there what buttons on the controller work for Windows and which don't.
Hello there,

Finally I've found a better solution than motioninjoy, which was causing problems for me in Windows 10. Scp works flawless (Im using it cabled) but in the profile manager, I can flip the triggers. DS3 triggers (R2 and L2) are awful for shooting, I want to flip it with R1 and R2. In the profile manager I've tried flipping it, but in the shoulder buttons, R1 and L1, activates both buttons at the same time. When I was using the motioninjoy driver, I used the BetterDS3 tool to activate it and there I could easily create diferent profiles, e.g, one for shooters and a default one to everything else.

Am I doing something wrong? Both L1 and L2 are activating L1 button

[Image: manager.JPG]ture
Thank you Nefarius for providing us with this fantastic utility. It works great, and i saved myself from having to shell out 60$ for a wired 360 controller.

Also thank you to the original author of this project, and any others who contributed to its creation.

Cheers, and have a great new year!
Hey guys , Ive been using Scp for my ds3 controller playing Fifa 16 . Suddenly i try to open fifa and the controller didnt work. I try uninstalling dualshock 3 drivers and when i connect it it only reads PLAYSTATION 3 CONTROLLER. It used to read much more drivers not just one. Anyway i use ScpDriver to reinstall the drivers but still nothing. The controller 1 player light is flashing slowly. Can anyone help please?
(12-31-2015, 02:13 AM)KevinSlice Wrote: [ -> ]I keep having this issue where my controller keeps disconnecting for a couple seconds and it seems to be making some spastic movements(In Rocket League, for example). I'd be playing for a while and suddenly, the controller will start to act up. I can't drive, I can't really steer anymore because it'll steer to the left automaticly. I've included some of the gameplay while this was acting up so you might get an idea of what keeps happening. I've tried disabling Rumble, it still doesn't work.
The controller is a genuine DualShock 3 controller that came with my PS3. I always used the MiJ and BetterDS3, but those no longer recognised the controller and now I've tried the SCP, but this is the issue I run into. Also attached the logs, hope they're good logs because I don't know why one is empty..

Windows 10
DualShock 3 controller included with my PS3
Tried different USB ports
Device Manager shows that it's there

Quoted you again so you would hopefully get this as well.

Alright. I found a fix to that issue if anyone else runs into it. I'm not sure what Kevin uses, but I used a USB cable to connect my DS3 to the PC. It caused those exact glitches that you could also track in the controller's properties (control panel > devices and printers > RMB on the virtual Xbox360 controller > game controller settings > "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows" > Properties). I fixed this by switching out the cable for the ASUS BT400 Bluetooth dongle and instead connecting it that way. This usb dongle also works on Win10 with the Win8.1 drivers.

So if you run into the issue, you may want to go wireless.

FYI, if you do, installing it is done by installing the dongle, uninstalling the drivers via the appropriate driver utility of the ScpServer, then reinstalling the drivers in the way described already by Nefarius and you should be rid of the issues.

so yeah, that's perhaps another 10-15 dollars that you have to spend, but it should get the job done.
Oh boy, is it 2016 already? What a great hibernation I had Laugh

Soooooo, I'm still alive and here to bring you justice, err I mean the latest news from my development lab of madness:

Donations
First of all a general shout-out to all the donors out there supporting the project; thank you very much Biggrin I chose to not respond to every single e-mail notification since I don't really know what to say individually so I decided to post it here where interested folks can check that I indeed received the loot Ninja Thanks again!

Bugs
My main focus is hunting down and eliminating bugs reported on Github since it's just the best issue tracker for a project of this magnitude. I completely stopped responding to bug reports posted in this thread since it's way too time-consuming to keep track on a bulletin board. If you haven't already check out the Issue tracker.

Features
I shifted my focus from working on the new Profile Manager to re-designing the Driver Installer since a surprisingly amount of people are having troubles handling it correctly. Giving users the freedom to choose their mouse and keyboard as a DualShock controller wasn't the brightest idea I suppose, although, well, just no... Rolleyes Next I will merge the Tray Notifications Tool and the Monitor in one new shiny control panel with some more features on controlling the service, listing controller and connection details and so on. I also recently joined forces with the developer of vJoy which lead to a brainstorm on fixing some bugs in the ScpVBus (Xbox Controller Emulator Driver). Basically I'm working on a fix so you can use the ScpToolkit in a mixed-controller environment like one or more physical Microsoft Xbox 360 Controllers.

Updates
I bought a code signing certificate! Soon I hopefully will be able to ship signed drivers and executables to please the Windows Kernel and UAC. My personal documents have to travel from Europe through the NSA apparatus to COMODO, so that obviously takes a while. Plus the releases now include a small auto-updater which silently checks if the software is recent by querying Github once a day. You also get a shortcut to check on updates at will. For all the privacy fanatics: yes, I will make it optional to install too if you don't want it Tongue

Other stuff
I created a chat-room! Sometimes it's just more convenient to use a chat instead of a forum or mailing; I don't really have plans for this one, just leaving it there as an experiment. In the meantime I also had a look on the doubled-input problem e.g. DS4Windows suffers from when a Game tries to access the DS4 in its own. I made a small video demonstrating my fix (just for teh lulz), the code is available in this repository. Binaries and how-to will follow. Btw. yes, I know DS4Windows has a "Hide DS4" option. Since some people seem to have troubles with this workaround not doing the job I decided to at least investigate into an alternative and I think mine is quite elegant Happy

Phew, what a post. Oh, look at the clock, I've gotta go, later guys and gals Cool

PS: I didn't forget about the PANHAIs but I'm only one guy with limited resources Ninja I will certainly notify you once I mastered the art of turning into a robot, I promise!
Hello, and thank you for your hard works, Nefarius. It has been working very well on Windows 10 Smile.

One thing though, is support for ScpPair tool dropped? I couldn't find it in the installation folder anymore. I sometime play games on iPad, so I need it for my DS3. If it is not supported anymore, is there any alternative that I can use?
(01-21-2016, 09:47 AM)KinanEldari Wrote: [ -> ]Just a small idea, but did you go to control panel > devices and printers > right click on the virtual Xbox controller > game controller settings > properties? You can check there what buttons on the controller work for Windows and which don't.

Aye, L3 and R3 seem to be on the Z axis for some odd reason, which isn't right. Tongue

All other buttons seem to function properly. Guess I need to mess around with something somewhere to fix it?
Since my last Windows 10 update, my controller is not working...
Couldn't open device ...
(01-22-2016, 06:30 PM)KinanEldari Wrote: [ -> ]Quoted you again so you would hopefully get this as well.

Alright. I found a fix to that issue if anyone else runs into it. I'm not sure what Kevin uses, but I used a USB cable to connect my DS3 to the PC. It caused those exact glitches that you could also track in the controller's properties (control panel > devices and printers > RMB on the virtual Xbox360 controller > game controller settings > "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows" > Properties). I fixed this by switching out the cable for the ASUS BT400 Bluetooth dongle and instead connecting it that way. This usb dongle also works on Win10 with the Win8.1 drivers.

So if you run into the issue, you may want to go wireless.

FYI, if you do, installing it is done by installing the dongle, uninstalling the drivers via the appropriate driver utility of the ScpServer, then reinstalling the drivers in the way described already by Nefarius and you should be rid of the issues.

so yeah, that's perhaps another 10-15 dollars that you have to spend, but it should get the job done.

Thanks for this solution! Just wondering, is there a way to fix this without spending money? I read that one way to fix this is to install ScpServer v1.5.5724.38523. But I can't find it and the only way my DS3 works is if I install the drivers that comes after installing the Toolkit, none the old ways seems to work for me.