..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I am a holder of a Chinese ps3 controller (panhai), I can easily connect it via USB, but bluetooth is wrong. Is there a solution?
(03-09-2016, 07:06 PM)Peppe94 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, I am a holder of a Chinese ps3 controller (panhai), I can easily connect it via USB, but bluetooth is wrong. Is there a solution?

No.
I had all four of my fake DS3 controllers working. I paired one to a different computer and now I cannot get it to pair back with my PC (the one it was originally working with).

I've tried using the pinhole on the back to reset with resets the remote back to 00:00:00:00:00:00 Blink

I've tried using the SCP Pair Tool which I put in the Host Address and upon unpluggin and replugging it still shows the Host I input. Blink

Yet I'm not able to get it to connect via bluetooth. All three of the other controllers are the same brand and work great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BT support for fake controllers was problematic and was disabled a while back. It may come back someday.

(02-14-2016, 05:08 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

the fake/genuine detection is actually pretty straightforward: I'm comparing the first three bytes of the controllers (to be more precise; its Bluetooth chip) reported MAC address - which represents the vendor of the Bluetooth chip - to Sonys official vendors. Sony uses higher quality but also more expensive chips by ALPS ELECTRIC CO., LTD so I just compare if the vendor part matches their publicly listed addresses. If they mismatch it's very likely (yet not a 100% certainty!) that the Bluetooth chip is lower priced and therefore the controller gets labeled as fake or counterfeit.

Sadly I'm currently way too busy with life and other projects I'm interested in so fighting with the quirks of the counterfeit ones will have to wait until I find the time to power up my reverse engineering spirits once more.

I know some folks got pissed at me because I removed the support for now but I value stability against genuine controllers more that some crumbling hacks that may interfere with the rest of the software.

TL;DR: your controller appears to be fake Mellow

This would be a very short thread if this were on the first post FAQ.
Just a quick update on a new discovery of mine. I noticed a group of people reporting issues with sudden controller dis- or re-connects when a game sends a rumble/vibration request. Today I was accidentally able to replicate this but only with an older model of the DualShock 3!

[Image: 11-03-_2016_22-45-13.png]

The top one is a used second hand one I bought a few months ago. Bottom one is a semi-brand-new one I bought earlier fresh out of the box. The newer one doesn't seem to have this issue.

I also found out that when the controller starts to freak out, hang or re-connect its USB device portion freezes up so the software cant send or receive anything from it until you either re-plug the controller or it resets itself. Not sure what causes this though, nor if I could work around this in some way in the software... Blink
Hey guys, I hope someone can give me a heads up. I bought a wireless knock off controller. It came with a usb drive and a cd (with drivers Im assuming). I am on a laptop without a cd slot though. When i insert the usb, windows shows there is a wireless controller - but I can't get it to respond when i press the keys, nor does bluetooth find it.

can I use this tool to make it work? Are any of the steps different? 

Thank you
I am using 2 bluetooth dongles in my PC - on exclusively for the scptoolkit, on for normal bluetooth devices
In one of my PCs everything is working as expected, but on the second something is messed up:
Even if I uninstall everything and run the scptoolkit clean wipe utility - and try to install the drivers for cable only, one of my bluetooth dongles (VID_0A12&PID_0001) is always getting his drivers updated from "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" to the "libusbK" one. I can set it back to bluetooth generic in the control panel, everything works fine still the next reboot - but after a restart it will use again the libusbK drivers... (my other donge is not effected)
When I first tried to set it up I had 2 dongles with the same USB device id in my system, possibly that has messed up in windows.

Any ideas how could I fix this - I would like my VID_0A12&PID_0001 stay as a "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" after a reboot ( If I uninstall the drivers via the scptoolkit driver installer, the dongle driver still remains libusbK - but if I set it back to Generic Blutooth, is stays after the reboot Generic Bluetooth)
(03-12-2016, 12:47 PM)Uzi Wrote: [ -> ]I am using 2 bluetooth dongles in my PC - on exclusively for the scptoolkit, on for normal bluetooth devices
In one of my PCs everything is working as expected, but on the second something is messed up:
Even if I uninstall everything and run the scptoolkit clean wipe utility - and try to install the drivers for cable only, one of my bluetooth dongles (VID_0A12&PID_0001) is always getting his drivers updated from "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" to the "libusbK" one. I can set it back to bluetooth generic in the control panel, everything works fine still the next reboot - but after a restart it will use again the libusbK drivers... (my other donge is not effected)
When I first tried to set it up I had 2 dongles with the same USB device id in my system, possibly that has messed up in windows.

Any ideas how could I fix this - I would like my VID_0A12&PID_0001 stay as a "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" after a reboot ( If I uninstall the drivers via the scptoolkit driver installer, the dongle driver still remains libusbK - but if I set it back to Generic Blutooth, is stays after the reboot Generic Bluetooth)

Untick the Bluetooth checkbox.
Greetings all,

I seem to have run into an interesting problem when trying to setup/install the program initially, as well as when it comes to installing the drivers involving ScpService.Ds3Service. Something about an unhandled exception occuring when the service starts to run i believe. Log Zip as well as screenshot of the error popup are included. Also, using some kind of older generic wired ps3 controller. Worked on one of the older versions i believe when it was still being done by Scarlet. After I got my new rig recently decided today to try to get the controller working and have run into this. Help would be MUCH Appreciated!
(03-12-2016, 01:10 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Untick the Bluetooth checkbox.

Thank you very much, you have made my day! I was looking for a solution for hours!
It is working like charm now.   Biggrin