..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Nefarius first of all, thanks for making this and helping everyone. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and uninstalled Motionjoy and I cannot figure out why the SCPToolKit program isn't working for me. I am using a DS3 (PS3) controller connected via USB. It is recognized as a PS3 controller by my PC. Here's a screenshot of the program when I try to install it.
[Image: yLrsELm.jpg]
What does the part "already using libusbk, installation aborted." mean? Any ideas on what I can do?
(03-28-2016, 03:08 AM)HelpMe123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Nefarius first of all, thanks for making this and helping everyone. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and uninstalled Motionjoy and I cannot figure out why the SCPToolKit program isn't working for me. I am using a DS3 (PS3) controller connected via USB. It is recognized as a PS3 controller by my PC. Here's a screenshot of the program when I try to install it.
[Image: yLrsELm.jpg]
What does the part "already using libusbk, installation aborted." mean? Any ideas on what I can do?

It means the drivers you're trying to install are already installed, and it should work. If you go to Control Panel>View Devices and Printers, and scroll to the bottom. You should see, under 'Unspecified', "PLAYSTATION® 3 Controller". Scroll back to the top, and you should see at least one "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows". Right click one of the 360 controllers (Doesn't matter which one), then "Game Controller Settings". From there click one of the "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)" and click "Properties". In the popup window, click test, and play with the controller. The window should react to it (Red circles should light up if you press buttons, the cross should move if you move the left analog stick, etc.). If there is more than one "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)", try it on those, one should work. If not, you should try completely uninstalling SCP and try again from scratch.

EDIT: Do that only if one of the LEDs flashes slowly. If all four LEDs on the controller are flashing, this might not work.
(03-28-2016, 07:20 AM)LanHikariDS Wrote: [ -> ]It means the drivers you're trying to install are already installed, and it should work. If you go to Control Panel>View Devices and Printers, and scroll to the bottom. You should see, under 'Unspecified', "PLAYSTATION® 3 Controller". Scroll back to the top, and you should see at least one "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows". Right click one of the 360 controllers (Doesn't matter which one), then "Game Controller Settings". From there click one of the "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)" and click "Properties". In the popup window, click test, and play with the controller. The window should react to it (Red circles should light up if you press buttons, the cross should move if you move the left analog stick, etc.). If there is more than one "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)", try it on those, one should work. If not, you should try completely uninstalling SCP and try again from scratch.

EDIT: Do that only if one of the LEDs flashes slowly. If all four LEDs on the controller are flashing, this might not work.

I see the PS3 controller under Devices and Printers but no XBOX 360 controller. I didn't install any drivers for that or do anything for that though. Did I skip some step about XBOX 360 drivers?
(03-28-2016, 04:36 PM)HelpMe123 Wrote: [ -> ]I see the PS3 controller under Devices and Printers but no XBOX 360 controller. I didn't install any drivers for that or do anything for that though. Did I skip some step about XBOX 360 drivers?

Well, that depends on what Windows you're running. if you have Windows 7 or later, it should come with the drivers for Xbox 360 controllers out of the box. If you don't, you might want to go on the Microsoft website and grab those.
(03-28-2016, 06:52 PM)LanHikariDS Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that depends on what Windows you're running. if you have Windows 7 or later, it should come with the drivers for Xbox 360 controllers out of the box. If you don't, you might want to go on the Microsoft website and grab those.

I have Windows 10 which already comes with the drivers.
(03-28-2016, 07:09 PM)HelpMe123 Wrote: [ -> ]I have Windows 10 which already comes with the drivers.

Hmmm... try going to the folder where all the SCP stuff is installed and try running SCPServer.
(03-28-2016, 08:09 PM)LanHikariDS Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... try going to the folder where all the SCP stuff is installed and try running SCPServer.

Didn't change anything [Image: plRcJMl.jpg]
http://imgur.com/plRcJMl
Only other thing I can say is completely uninstall everything and try again...
(03-28-2016, 09:16 PM)LanHikariDS Wrote: [ -> ]Only other thing I can say is completely uninstall everything and try again...

I've tried that already Sad I'll ask this on Github and see if anyone can help there. Thanks for the help though!
(03-28-2016, 09:23 PM)HelpMe123 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried that already Sad I'll ask this on Github and see if anyone can help there. Thanks for the help though!

Anytime. Sorry I couldn't offer anything effective, though...