..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I think I'm doing something wrong here... originally I was using DS3 Tool/Motioninjoy which was causing BSOD errors so I completely uninstalled all of it. I downloaded this, connected my PS3 controller via USB, and attempted to install it. But there appears to be no recognition of the controller at all. I should mention I'm not using it for PCSX2 myself, I tend to use it for games like Dark Souls or GTA V. Any idea what I missed? Was I supposed to leave DS3 installed? When selecting drivers I deselected Bluetooth and PS4 but kept Xbox and Ps3 selected, with the gamepad selected under the PS3 option.
Is it just me that notices this? It's not lately that it happens, I just never cared enough to post until now lol. I honesly don't even remember if it has happened on the SCP DS3 before Nefarious took over, but basically it seems like the controls go crazy for a bit. Like a specific direction hangs for a few seconds, as though you were holding a direction and the controller shut off. I have a pretty much fresh Windows 10 install too. I don't think its the Bluetooth dongle though, cuz I have two and I believe it has happened on both, but has anyone else experienced this?
(04-12-2016, 06:57 AM)Robobvious Wrote: [ -> ]Okay so I think I'm doing something wrong here... originally I was using DS3 Tool/Motioninjoy which was causing BSOD errors so I completely uninstalled all of it. I downloaded this, connected my PS3 controller via USB, and attempted to install it. But there appears to be no recognition of the controller at all. I should mention I'm not using it for PCSX2 myself, I tend to use it for games like Dark Souls or GTA V. Any idea what I missed? Was I supposed to leave DS3 installed? When selecting drivers I deselected Bluetooth and PS4 but kept Xbox and Ps3 selected, with the gamepad selected under the PS3 option.

Yeah Im having the same problem. Ran the latest exe, unselected the additional stuff to install aside from the main package, and then tried to play games but nothing is working. Im just using it wired. My DS3 or 4 won't work and as far as I know aren't being recognized.
(04-13-2016, 11:40 PM)Firion Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Im having the same problem. Ran the latest exe, unselected the additional stuff to install aside from the main package, and then tried to play games but nothing is working. Im just using it wired. My DS3 or 4 won't work and as far as I know aren't being recognized.

Haven't used MotionJoy for years, but from what I remembered it was like some spyware and it caused problems with other hardware on PC's. Wait for other people to give their opinion, but you might need a fresh OS install to fix the problems that MotiojnJoy causes, unless they changed direction with the program since I used it. It's likely that past services/files from MotionJoy are conflicting with the SCPToolkit
(04-13-2016, 11:40 PM)Firion Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Im having the same problem. Ran the latest exe, unselected the additional stuff to install aside from the main package, and then tried to play games but nothing is working. Im just using it wired. My DS3 or 4 won't work and as far as I know aren't being recognized.

There is a utility that is supposed to wipe out the Motioninjoy drivers called ScpCleanWipe.exe

If you installed the latest ScpToolkit in the default folder then you should be able to find it under C:\Program Files\Nefarius Software Solutions\ScpToolkit or wherever you installed Smile

Run the clean wipe and then run the Scp driver installer again and hopefully you will be in business!
Downloaded the link in the op. Installed the DS3 drivers and now i cant use my keyboard and mouse in windows.. great
I installed the latest version and experienced some awful slowdown on my pc whenever the controller was plugged in. I went back to the previously working version and had the same slowdown. I tried some other random versions and had the same slowdown. I tried using different dual shock 3's, and I used the wipe utility between each reinstallation. I tried using system restore to go back before I updated the original old version. I updated to fix Bluetooth support which used to work, but stopped working one day. The new driver doesn't detect my Bluetooth at all, but installing the old one works with Bluetooth still. Whenever the controller had a connection over Bluetooth or over usb, slowdown occurs, and stops when I disconnect. I use the slow ring of windows 10, so it could be something with the newest build that was downloaded, 14295. Before I go about the 3 day hassle of reinstalling Windows just to fix a controller problem, is there anything else I can try?
Hey, so I've been able to get everything working. However, neither of my PS3 Sixaxis controllers will register a button press for Start or Select. Any ideas why?

Edit: Win 8.1
whoops didn't read the FAQ well enough
Hi guys,
Im new to PCSX2 and I have Gran Turismo 4 installed and running correctly in PCSX2, appart from some colour bug that happens when I change camera on replay.
I use MotioninJoy to play PC guys with a genuine DS3 but it always disconnects if I horizontally tilt it past a certain degree.
I tested to see if this happened with another genuine DS3 and it did so I unistalled all the drivers but I still have MotioninJoy installed.
I want to play PCSX2 with my DS3 but it says I have to have libusb installed, which I couldn't determine what it is and where I could get it nor how to install it or use it.
Could someone tell me how to use this libusb and where I could get it or is SCP a reliable way to play PCSX2 with a DS3?
Im using the latest PCSX2 1.4.0
If you need more info pls let me know