..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disconnecting at a certain angle sounds like a loose connection inside the controller or a loose USB, changing softwares will not help in such a situation
(04-14-2016, 09:17 AM)Toastyc12 Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the latest version and experienced some awful slowdown on my pc whenever the controller was plugged in. I went back to the previously working version and had the same slowdown. I tried some other random versions and had the same slowdown. I tried using different dual shock 3's, and I used the wipe utility between each reinstallation. I tried using system restore to go back before I updated the original old version. I updated to fix Bluetooth support which used to work, but stopped working one day. The new driver doesn't detect my Bluetooth at all, but installing the old one works with Bluetooth still. Whenever the controller had a connection over Bluetooth or over usb, slowdown occurs, and stops when I disconnect. I use the slow ring of windows 10, so it could be something with the newest build that was downloaded, 14295. Before I go about the 3 day hassle of reinstalling Windows just to fix a controller problem, is there anything else I can try?

3 days for a Windows installation sounds like a very slow PC to begin with, you sure the cause of your slow PC isn't just that it is a slow PC? Lol. Nowadays it takes Windows 10-15 minutes for a install. Ever since Windows 7 or 8, it not longer takes a hour or more, especially on somewhat modern hardware. Anyway, I actually am using his latest beta (as of yesterday) and I don't experience any slowdowns. Also used multiple revisions in-between. 

You could try this - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Just read the description and make sure to double check what you're doing or you could uninstall other USB components lol. Each USB port has a specific number. The program should show what is connected to a specific port so if your controller is plugged in I'd take note, and uninstall any other USB devices installed on the same port, to make sure nothing is conflicting, since it only happens when you plug it in thru USB
I'm having a problem getting my rock candy wired ps3 controller to work with scp.. It recognizes the device but the led doesn't turn on and on the test only the square work.

\\?\hid#vid_045e&pid_028e&ig_02#3&191a071c&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

That is what i get in the gamepad analyzer.
A link to the server log, etc

(04-14-2016, 05:24 PM)markconroy501 Wrote: [ -> ]A link to the server log, etc
(04-13-2016, 06:24 PM)olverine Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me that notices this? It's not lately that it happens, I just never cared enough to post until now lol. I honesly don't even remember if it has happened on the SCP DS3 before Nefarious took over, but basically it seems like the controls go crazy for a bit. Like a specific direction hangs for a few seconds, as though you were holding a direction and the controller shut off. I have a pretty much fresh Windows 10 install too. I don't think its the Bluetooth dongle though, cuz I have two and I believe it has happened on both, but has anyone else experienced this?

Your issue seems to be latency, try an usb extension cable to have the bluetooth dongle far away from the PC, it seems it can create interference
(04-14-2016, 04:17 PM)olverine Wrote: [ -> ]3 days for a Windows installation sounds like a very slow PC to begin with, you sure the cause of your slow PC isn't just that it is a slow PC? Lol. Nowadays it takes Windows 10-15 minutes for a install. Ever since Windows 7 or 8, it not longer takes a hour or more, especially on somewhat modern hardware. Anyway, I actually am using his latest beta (as of yesterday) and I don't experience any slowdowns. Also used multiple revisions in-between. 

You could try this - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Just read the description and make sure to double check what you're doing or you could uninstall other USB components lol. Each USB port has a specific number. The program should show what is connected to a specific port so if your controller is plugged in I'd take note, and uninstall any other USB devices installed on the same port, to make sure nothing is conflicting, since it only happens when you plug it in thru USB
Windows doesn't take long to install at all, no. Its all the extra programs that take the time
 As an engineering student that needs access to solidworks and visual studio, those both take about 3 hours to install each, then various games and such, I'm looking at a full days task.

Thanks, I'll look into that program.
(04-14-2016, 09:21 PM)SageX85 Wrote: [ -> ]Your issue seems to be latency, try an usb extension cable to have the bluetooth dongle far away from the PC, it seems it can create interference

I went ahead and tried my USB dongle and it doesn't seem to be affected. The Bluetooth/WiFi chip that came with the motherboard however seems to experience this problem. Yeah interference may be it, since I have the WiFi/Bluetooth extender setup inside the PC case for convenience. I think I'll just stick with user the USB dongle for convenience.
(04-14-2016, 09:55 PM)Toastyc12 Wrote: [ -> ]Windows doesn't take long to install at all, no. Its all the extra programs that take the time
 As an engineering student that needs access to solidworks and visual studio, those both take about 3 hours to install each, then various games and such, I'm looking at a full days task.

Thanks, I'll look into that program.

I have VS Enterprise, its about a 15min install for me
I believe I found my answer -- On Windows 10 build 14295 (and the new 14316), the xbox controller driver has a performance-killing bug. I imagine there's no way to use the ps3 controller without incluiding the use of the xbox controller driver, is there?
(04-15-2016, 06:03 AM)Toastyc12 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I found my answer -- On Windows 10 build 14295 (and the new 14316), the xbox controller driver has a performance-killing bug. I imagine there's no way to use the ps3 controller without incluiding the use of the xbox controller driver, is there?

On windows 10 the xbox controller driver is built in.