..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how can i disable the annoying notification spam?
(09-05-2016, 08:37 AM)Daepyo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys, i'm currently using the PS NOW, and there is this game, heavy rain, that i really wanna play to.
I launch the game, everything is alright, the controller works pretty well until BOOM here's the tricky part, the game use the SIXAXIS Motion, so i'm stuck in the intro.
So do u guys know how to turn on the SIXAXIS motion on a PS3 Controller or turn the PS3 controller into a PS4 one for the computer which allows me to play this incredible game ?

Thanks

That's definitely not been enabled by any software I've seen.  We're getting controller support at all from making the PC think the DS3 is an xbox controller, so it's likely you're not going to get the specific Sony controller features without some real Sony support.  I think Sony's intention is that everyone use a DS4 for that service and supposedly there would be better PC support for it, but I've not looked into whether that happened or not since I use SCP for my DS4. 

Hope you figure something out, I really loved Heavy Rain.
(07-18-2016, 04:10 AM)SqMonkey87 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everyone.  Hoping someone may have some advice for me.

Just bought a new dongle off the compatible list and each controller (3 DS3s, 1 DS4) connects via both usb and bluetooth just fine, but in-game I'm only getting response from controller slots 1 and 2.  Thought it may have been the controllers, but swapping the positions around in scp monitor each of them work just fine as long as they are in the 1/2 position.  Also tried restarting pc and reinstalling the software, of course.

Any suggestions on what else I should try?

Just in case someone else had this issue-- I managed to get things working normally by making sure each controller I was connecting was plugged into my PC at the same time when installing the software.
also, is there a way to change the light bar on my ds4 to a different color?

I tried the unstable scp profile manager, but I can only get to button mappings; the other options are unclickable
Just saying, you can pair DS4 controller with bluetooth even without these drivers(ps4 buttons in game). USB then, i'm not sure, but i think it needs these drivers, but that will then make game buttons as xbox360 since these drivers are emulating it.

However, google maybe helps with this.

DS3 needs these drivers.
(09-19-2016, 09:07 PM)Fincely Wrote: [ -> ]Just saying, you can pair DS4 controller with bluetooth even without these drivers(ps4 buttons in game). USB then, i'm not sure, but i think it needs these drivers, but that will then make game buttons as xbox360 since these drivers are emulating it.

Of course you can do that, but the thing is that many(if not most) games require an xbox controller(xinput) and dont work correctly with the standard windows driver(dinput). This driver resolves that, emulates an xbox controller for ds4.

On a different note...
Im having some issues getting the official DS4 controller connect over bluetooth. Installation goes without a hitch and the controller works over usb, but when i try bluetooth it doesnt work.The lightbar flashes 2 times, i get a notification "Sony DualShock 4 Found", the lightbar turns off and nothing happens.Gamepad not present in joy.cpl.
Checked the device manager and bluetooth driver is installed correctly. Thought it might be a dongle problem, so i tried with another dongle(same maker and model, csr 8510 chipset) but issue still remains. As a sidenote, it works without problem with ds4windows j2k version which uses the standard microsoft bluetooth stack.
Screenshot of gui server log is in the attachment.
Any ideas what could be the culprit and how to solve this mf that kept me awake for a whole night :Smile  ?

Edit:
Tried to make it work on a clean install of windows 10 on a vm, and the issue still persists.Getting the same behaviour.
The DS4 controller is the Black Steel variant which was released in july 2016 in Europe.So could it be that sony changed hw id and that is the source of the problems, or am i way off with my assumptions?
So I'm a bit new to Bluetooth and connecting things to a computer via it. Any recommendations for devices that would detect a PS3 controller properly? Right now I'm using the cable.
(09-22-2016, 07:04 AM)Prisoner416 Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm a bit new to Bluetooth and connecting things to a computer via it. Any recommendations for devices that would detect a PS3 controller properly? Right now I'm using the cable.

As i see none of the smart ones is going to reply(were too much noobs to get any attention :Smile , let me try to help.
Main prerequisite is that the dongle is minimum Bluetooth 2.0 + edr for ds3 , and 2.1 + edr for ds4. Depending where you are going to purchase from, sometimes specs arent complete, and edr might not be stated while the dongle supports it.If you dont see edr in specs but see speed 3Mb/s then you can be certain that it is supported.
There is a list of hardware id's supported by the driver, but it can be a pain in the ass(at least in my experience) to figure what hw id translates to what dongle brand and model.
Im using ORICO BTA-402 bt 4.0 (around 7$ on ebay) , but as i stated previously have some trouble connecting my ds4 with scp toolkit. Im not 100% sure if the dongle is the culprit, and given you have a ds3 your mileage may vary and you might not have problems with scp toolkit. On the other hand for me it works perfectly with ds4windows by j2k and also inputmapper.
Hope i helped, at least a little bit Smile
So, I tried to play Rocket League today, and my computer now pops up with a "USB device not recognized" error. I don't know if the error is actually with this program, though. I ran the debugger, should I post the zip it made?
(09-21-2016, 05:06 AM)ReaLx3m Wrote: [ -> ]Of course you can do that, but the thing is that many(if not most) games require an xbox controller(xinput) and dont work correctly with the standard windows driver(dinput). This driver resolves that, emulates an xbox controller for ds4.

On a different note...
Im having some issues getting the official DS4 controller connect over bluetooth. Installation goes without a hitch and the controller works over usb, but when i try bluetooth it doesnt work.The lightbar flashes 2 times, i get a notification "Sony DualShock 4 Found", the lightbar turns off and nothing happens.Gamepad not present in joy.cpl.
Checked the device manager and bluetooth driver is installed correctly. Thought it might be a dongle problem, so i tried with another dongle(same maker and model, csr 8510 chipset) but issue still remains. As a sidenote, it works without problem with ds4windows j2k version which uses the standard microsoft bluetooth stack.
Screenshot of gui server log is in the attachment.
Any ideas what could be the culprit and how to solve this mf that kept me awake for a whole night :Smile  ?

Edit:
Tried to make it work on a clean install of windows 10 on a vm, and the issue still persists.Getting the same behaviour.
The DS4 controller is the Black Steel variant which was released in july 2016 in Europe.So could it be that sony changed hw id and that is the source of the problems, or am i way off with my assumptions?

Ok, so to answer my own question... Heres the solution in case someone has the same issue.
The issue was that the DS4 controller didnt get initialy paired upon installation.Tried on Win 10 x64, clean install Win 7 x86, clean install Win 10 x86 and in all instances it exibited the same behaviour, so maybe the dev could look into this issue.
I resolved it by opening "ScpToolkit Settings Manager" and under "DualShock 4 Specific" checked "Always re-pair controller on Usb connection" , re-plugged on usb and then unplugged and it connected to bluetooth with no problem. After you get it connected you can uncheck the option.