..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i install i get "warn installation result: WDI_ERROR_RESOURCE" can that be ignored?
We need to know what is causing the SCP Ds3 Service from not being removed. Basically whats happening is, even if any of us gets this to work and we go to update it or reinstall/change it, something with that service is sticking around (possibly only on Windows 10) and it IS NOT being removed. Basically if you read around about the 1075 error, its saying the service is marked for deletion/uninstall. But the problem here is, nothing is deleting, removing or uninstalling the SCP DS3 Service. I've tried "sc delete ds3 service" + "sc delete scpvbus". I tried it in safe mode, I tried it in normal Windows. I tried both the newest and the previous version to install the drivers. I've tried both for uninstalling. I literally tried every single combination, the problem that many of us users is experiencing, is that DS3 Service is not being removed/deleted no matter what we try and it is preventing future installs of the DS3 Service from installing successfully. Sorry for the spam, but this is the problem and right now there's nothing to do about it, I tried everything, now we need info from Nefarious about how it works
(09-30-2015, 04:00 AM)olverine Wrote: [ -> ]We need to know what is causing the SCP Ds3 Service from not being removed. Basically whats happening is, even if any of us gets this to work and we go to update it or reinstall/change it, something with that service is sticking around (possibly only on Windows 10) and it IS NOT being removed. Basically if you read around about the 1075 error, its saying the service is marked for deletion/uninstall. But the problem here is, nothing is deleting, removing or uninstalling the SCP DS3 Service. I've tried "sc delete ds3 service" + "sc delete scpvbus". I tried it in safe mode, I tried it in normal Windows. I tried both the newest and the previous version to install the drivers. I've tried both for uninstalling. I literally tried every single combination, the problem that many of us users is experiencing, is that DS3 Service is not being removed/deleted no matter what we try and it is preventing future installs of the DS3 Service from installing successfully. Sorry for the spam, but this is the problem and right now there's nothing to do about it, I tried everything, now we need info from Nefarious about how it works

The following worked for me:
Run the uninstaller in SCP Service, then delete all SCP files from the file in "program files". Restart computer. After the restart, go to "control panel > devices and printers". Click on your controller and go to "properties". Click on the "hardware" tab, then click on "properties" for the device functions listed. Go to "change settings", then click on "driver" tab. If it is not a windows default driver, click "uninstall". After that, unplug and re-plug in controller. It should load with windows default drivers. Restart again, just in case, then proceed with fresh install of SCP Server.

This should work for you, unless I am misunderstanding the problem. In which case, I don't know what you can do and I am sorry for wasting your time.
Hi, with the latest relase my controller is now working on bth but i get no rumble and leds are off or sometimes they are all on. Can you fix it? Thanks
For all of you having troubles with the driver installation or installation of updates or installation on systems with older version of the Scp-Package; I'm currently working on a "clean-utility" which wipes all traces of Scp-related files from the system so you can (hopefully) start over. Give me some time though, feeling a little sick (damn cold) and making only slow progress  Ninja

[Image: 32bd15a9eedb1b6faf3b50a48ebca916d606fe70...fff480.jpg]
(09-30-2015, 04:58 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]For all of you having troubles with the driver installation or installation of updates or installation on systems with older version of the Scp-Package; I'm currently working on a "clean-utility" which wipes all traces of Scp-related files from the system so you can (hopefully) start over. Give me some time though, feeling a little sick (damn cold) and making only slow progress  Ninja

[Image: 32bd15a9eedb1b6faf3b50a48ebca916d606fe70...fff480.jpg]

If it removes the DS3 Service, there will be a lot of happy users and successful SCP DS3 installs Tongue
(09-30-2015, 05:11 PM)olverine Wrote: [ -> ]If it removes the DS3 Service, there will be a lot of happy users and successful SCP DS3 installs Tongue

Don't need to remove it. Just stop it to install a new version, then restart it.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Scroll to find "SCP DS3 Service"
Click on it, then select "Stop" from the left.
Empty out your SCP directory.
Copy the files for the new version into place.
Go back to the services list, make sure that "SCP DS3 Service" is still highlighted, and click "Start".
(09-30-2015, 08:49 PM)melstav Wrote: [ -> ]Don't need to remove it. Just stop it to install a new version, then restart it.

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Scroll to find "SCP DS3 Service"
Click on it, then select "Stop" from the left.
Empty out your SCP directory.
Copy the files for the new version into place.
Go back to the services list, make sure that "SCP DS3 Service" is still highlighted, and click "Start".
Thats the problem though the service is already stopped and cannot be restarted again no matter what I do.
(09-30-2015, 08:54 PM)Deathcrazy Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the problem though the service is already stopped and cannot be restarted again no matter what I do.

(directions based on windows 7)
To delete the service:
Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
Right-click on "Command Prompt", select "Run as Administrator"
At the prompt, type:    
Code:
sc delete "SCP DS3 Service"

(yes, you need the quotes)
Reference: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-v...sta-or-xp/
I appreciate the help and suggestion, but in my previous comments, as well as many others, we stated how the service will not run, its not running, will not uninstall and will not delete. I really feel like I tried everything, I'm awaiting the uninstaller from Nefarius. I tried those cmd commands even in safe mode. I tried everything in safe mode and outside of safe mode. I don't think its anything in our control