..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you could build a stand alone program beside the gamepad analyzer that translates the dinput buttons to xinput , it will be a great alternate (replacement) of x360ce.
You are in the middle of the way.
(10-05-2015, 12:04 AM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, just added them. Releasing it tomorrow.

No , Thank YOU !
And please check that the wireless one is not working (It enabled x360 controller for it but no buttons worked).
Is there a way to use both a PS3 controller AND an actual 360 with this? I successfully got my PS3 controller working (in wired mode), but then it broke my wired 360 controller as well. I had to uninstall the ScpToolkit stuff and then go in and manually uninstall the libusbk drivers to get it working again (which obviously means the PS3 controller isn't working anymore).

I'm on Windows 10 if that makes a difference. The "360 contoller not working" meant all the lights in the XBox circle were blinking, but ScpToolkit made a connection noise when I plugged it in. It had a slot "reserved" for it, but the MAC address was blank. I can provide any more details if needed, but I just want to know if it's supposed to be possible first?
(10-04-2015, 07:01 AM)LeoBloom Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Nefarius!

The very first time I ran your software a little over a week ago (I think), everything went super smooth and my controller was linked through bluetooth working without a hitch!

Long story short: I put the computer to sleep and when it woke up, the bluetooth connection wasn't working. Another entirely unrelated issue forced me to reinstall windows 10 totally fresh and I tried to run your tool again just now but bluetooth still isn't working.

What I've tried: Since the fresh windows install, I ran the tool for the first time (but forgot to click unblock in the 7z file) and everything seemed to install fine (device manager shows my intel wireless bluetooth under libusbK). The controller (plugged in) was recognized and working. Unplugged, it could not link to the computer. I ran the cleanwipe utility and this time reinstalled SCPdriverinstall after clicking "unblock" in the original 7z file, but it looks like bluetooth installing was skipped since the driver was already installed.

Before I reinstalled windows, I was playing around with the SCP Pair tool (I had no idea what I was doing I admit) and I ended up copying one of the MAC addresses so that it would match the other in a failed attempt to get the bluetooth to work again. I think the settings may have been somehow saved in the controller (if possible), because with the fresh windows install the SCP Pair tool shows cloned MAC addresses (originally different MAC addresses on the very first go).

For controller: USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100
For bluetooth dongle: USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC&REV_0001

I will PM you the log under subject: leobloom

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Follow up:

I managed to get this fixed. 

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver through device manager and installed official Intel drivers for my bluetooth dongle for the first time. I then restarted the computer - somehow device manager still showed my bluetooth under libusbK devices as opposed to under Intel prior to the restart. Regardless, the controller was able to connect via bluetooth henceforth.

Next question: Is there a way for the bluetooth connection to survive Windows sleep? I put my computer to sleep frequently, but am unable to bluetooth connect the controller afterwards without a computer restart. This would be super useful!!!
^ when I put my computer to sleep mode there is no way to wake it up! Idk why? (I turn it to sleep mode once and I had to remove cmos )
I'm using Windows 10.
So I always use hibernate mode, and scp works after wake up.
Nefarius.
Did you know this?
When I install scp only on bth (not ds3), I can use my gamepad over bth!
And if you do, can we pair more gamepads and use them over bth without installing the driver on them?
(10-05-2015, 12:01 AM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Well no wonder it won't work; it's not a DualShock, not even a replica, it's just a generic DInput Gamepad. Let's see if we can make it work after I added it, thanks for the Dump!

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, this thread tends to get out of hand, I'd also very much prefer GitHubs own issue tracker system. I'll have a look on sweepboard; looks really nice! I have plenty of comments about the protocol and the code Laugh Question is what you need to know and how we communicate it Tongue

Well, I just want some direction. I'll figure out the rest on my own, while you guys keep roll out the latest and greatest  Biggrin
  • Any resource regarding how DS3 communicates (protocols, lifecycle etc.) over BT would be a good start.
  • General flow from device discovery to actually using it the controller.
  • Points of interest in the code. Based on inspection, BthDongle.Tasks.cs looks the place to debug controller IO. Where else should I look?
  • How most of the counterfeit controllers differ in the way they communicate. What should I look for?
  • Software setup and debugging workflow.
  • and maybe a copy of the service log of a legit controller that has successfully connected.
Communication would be a hurdle, as both you and the other guy are several hours east of me. By the time I get home, both of you would probably be asleep Laugh  Since I suggested moving stuff to Github, a Github wiki page there would be a great place to start dropping in notes, and putting in references to relevant resources. That way, anyone with an unsupported controller, background in programming, and a bit of determination can just jump in and contribute without having to look any further than your repo.  Wink
(10-04-2015, 08:42 PM)ch4mi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! As i said a few pages ago, with the last release i can play with my BT dongle. I did this:

> With my BT dongle and my Dualshock 3 conected, i unistalled both in device manager.
> Disconnect both and press uninstall in SCPDriverInstaller
> Use SCPCleanWipe
> Reboot pc
> Download last version
> Click the "Unblock" button in properties of file
> Unzip and save in C:\
> Connect dongle and dualshock
> Install again everything

Works with cable and bluetooth, even rebooting!

Thanks again Nefarius!

EDIT: I have Windows 10 64x

I have every reason to believe that this is being caused by windows 8.1, motionjoy was doing the same thing as well.
Did you ever had it working on 8.1?

(10-05-2015, 02:26 AM)BeNeMeSh Wrote: [ -> ]Nefarius.
Did you know this?
When I install scp only on bth (not ds3), I can use my gamepad over bth!
And if you do, can we pair more gamepads and use them over bth without installing the driver on them?

So you only install the bluetooth driver, not the DS3 USB driver?
^Yes.
And the third bad news! Sad
My fake ds3 controller not connecting over bth anymore.(on the latest release)
It freezes at :
<< L2CAP_Connection_Request [02] PSM [01]

Edit:
When I press PS button for bth connection,
It shows "-- Genuine Sony Dualshock 3 found"
Thats strange.