..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-24-2015, 05:57 AM)JackOfOwls Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, how can I tell definitively if I have a counterfeit Sony DualShock 3 controller?  A few weeks ago I bought one from Best Buy and it shows up as an official Sony PS3 in Device Manager in Windows 7.  However, last week I bought one from ebay and it shows up as "PSR Gamepad" with the R in parenthesis .   Both models are CECHZC2U A1. What's worse is that I can't get it to pair with my PC and chased my tail for hours today before finally giving up.  The one from Best Buy paired fine after I did some fiddling with it.  Even selecting "Enable Support for counterfeit controller" using the ScpSettings.exe tool didn't work.  Before I try to return it to the ebay seller, I want to make absolutely certain it's a fake controller.  The reset button in back is almost non-existent and I have to really poke in there deep with a toothpick to push it.  Is this another indication I have a counterfeit DualShock 3?  I feel really ripped off because I paid $35 (USD) bucks for it.  My Nexus 7 android tablet detects it as a fake controller and it won't even work with it (though the pairing light comes on).  Device ID is: USB\VID_054C&PID_0268
So, is this a counterfeit controller?  If so, what's my recourse?

IF the item was advertised as original PS3 controller, and that controller externally looks like a PS3 controller, with the PS3 logo, PS3/Sony stickers and such, you bought a fake controller. Google the ebay seller name or check the negative comments to see if there isn't anyone else complaining about getting fake items from that store, and poke ebay for a counterfeit refund http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/mone...antee.html

edit: Other than dissembling both controllers to check if there isn't any hidden stickers or different/cheap PCB/components, you can compare the buttons and weight or build feel of the two controller. I have two PS3 gamepads coming from two different stores bought at different dates. They look the same, weight the same and the build feels the exact same.
(10-24-2015, 10:01 AM)Chris34 Wrote: [ -> ]IF the item was advertised as original PS3 controller, and that controller externally looks like a PS3 controller, with the PS3 logo, PS3/Sony stickers and such, you bought a fake controller. Google the ebay seller name or check the negative comments to see if there isn't anyone else complaining about getting fake items from that store, and poke ebay for a counterfeit refund http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/mone...antee.html

edit: Other than dissembling both controllers to check if there isn't any hidden stickers or different/cheap PCB/components, you can compare the buttons and weight or build feel of the two controller. I have two PS3 gamepads coming from two different stores bought at different dates. They look the same, weight the same and the build feels the exact same.

Weight and feel of the genuine one and the suspected counterfeit are almost identical (though the "PS3® Gamepad" - the suspected fake - has a more prominent D-pad).  What makes me think it's a total counterfeit is:

1. the "PS3® Gamepad" showing up in Device Manager instead of "PLAYSTATION®3 Controller"
2. the blasted thing doesn't work wirelessly on either a PC using ScpDriverInstaller.exe or on a Nexus 7 tablet using Sixaxis Controller.  Oddly enough, it does work on PC if a usb cable is connected.

The ebay seller has a nearly 100% positive rating and has otherwise been quite gracious & reasonable, even shipping out a replacement when he mailed the first one to the wrong address.  Almost hate to tell him that his product is fake but...business is business
Hi!

I just tried to connect my (Sony) DS3 Controller. After the installation process it only shows up in my device manager when connectet via USB. One of it's hardwareIds is
'HID\VID_054C&PID_0268'
I'm using a BT-Dongle from CSL with the hardwareId
'USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001'

BT-Pairing doesn't work at all and even when connected via USB no actions at all where registered from the DS3 controller. Did I do anything wrong?
(10-24-2015, 02:20 PM)JackOfOwls Wrote: [ -> ]Weight and feel of the genuine one and the suspected counterfeit are almost identical (though the "PS3® Gamepad" - the suspected fake - has a more prominent D-pad).  What makes me think it's a total counterfeit is:

1. the "PS3® Gamepad" showing up in Device Manager instead of "PLAYSTATION®3 Controller"
2. the blasted thing doesn't work wirelessly on either a PC using ScpDriverInstaller.exe or on a Nexus 7 tablet using Sixaxis Controller.  Oddly enough, it does work on PC if a usb cable is connected.

The ebay seller has a nearly 100% positive rating and has otherwise been quite gracious & reasonable, even shipping out a replacement when he mailed the first one to the wrong address. Almost hate to tell him that his product is fake but...business is business

Maybe he also was fooled/tricked into thinking it is an original PS3 gamepad. I'd say open it and check inside. If it's not an original Sony battery and/or the PCB looks like it was soldered by a elephant wearing snow gloves it's fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9evyc9kjWM
Just a quick status update for you guys so you know what's happening in the development dungeon Laugh

• Fixed Bluetooth connection issues after sleep/hibernation/wake-up of mobile chips thanks to user WkNaZA9!
  • Added ability to select which Bluetooth dongles and/or DualShocks should be equipped with the device driver.
  • Made the installer a bit more user friendly including notification pop-ups on errors.
  • Generic (non-DualShock) Gamepads now work with their default Windows drivers which simplifies and speeds up the process of using those without the need of fiddling around with device drivers.
  • Fixed an issue with the driver installer not working on Windows editions with display languages like Japanese and mandarin thanks to Yasutaka ATARASHI!
  • Some small performance improvements.
  • ...and last but not least; I think I just found the problem with the Panhais not working over Bluetooth, I'm diagnosing and testing a fix ATM. Stay tuned Happy
That's it for now Biggrin
(10-24-2015, 05:05 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick status update for you guys so you know what's happening in the development dungeon Laugh

• Fixed Bluetooth connection issues after sleep/hibernation/wake-up of mobile chips thanks to user WkNaZA9!
  • Added ability to select which Bluetooth dongles and/or DualShocks should be equipped with the device driver.
  • Made the installer a bit more user friendly including notification pop-ups on errors.
  • Generic (non-DualShock) Gamepads now work with their default Windows drivers which simplifies and speeds up the process of using those without the need of fiddling around with device drivers.
  • Fixed an issue with the driver installer not working on Windows editions with display languages like Japanese and mandarin thanks to Yasutaka ATARASHI!
  • Some small performance improvements.
  • ...and last but not least; I think I just found the problem with the Panhais not working over Bluetooth, I'm diagnosing and testing a fix ATM. Stay tuned Happy
That's it for now Biggrin
Please add support with this bluetooth built in Sad
Hi @Nefarius
Was the poping sound when connecting the DS3 made by you? If so then please get rid of it pretty damn annoying. Thank you. Also the sound when logging to the user account or am I hearing things?
(10-24-2015, 07:06 PM)Exos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @Nefarius
Was the poping sound when connecting the DS3 made by you? If so then please get rid of it pretty damn annoying. Thank you. Also the sound when logging to the user account or am I hearing things?

ScpSettings.exe, Sound section Tongue
Okay fair enough however it still shouldn't be enabled as default especially the windows logon sound. I mean seriously? Finally found out what was making that shady sound.
(10-24-2015, 07:37 PM)Exos Wrote: [ -> ]Okay fair enough however it still shouldn't be enabled as default especially the windows logon sound. I mean seriously? Finally found out what was making that shady sound.

Well, the person requesting this features was clearly thinking otherwise; I'll stick with enabled as a default and add it in the documentation.