..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-31-2015, 11:49 AM)Chris34 Wrote: [ -> ]The only way to check if it's legit or not is to open the controller to check things like the battery and/or the PCB. Fake look-alike ps3 controllers don't have a sony original battery and the PCB is a lot different compared to the original legit PS3 controller.

Well it came in genuine PS3 packaging and one of them was bought from EB games advertised as a genuine controller so i'd be very surprised if it wasn't. Has the sony logo plastered all over it and looks identical to other genuine controllers I had (the 2 i have were to replace those ones after they had issues).

I'm just not sure how to get windows to recognise my controller so I can install drivers; that's what i'm confused about
(10-31-2015, 12:04 PM)CynePhoba12 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it came in genuine PS3 packaging and one of them was bought from EB games advertised as a genuine controller so i'd be very surprised if it wasn't. Has the sony logo plastered all over it and looks identical to other genuine controllers I had (the 2 i have were to replace those ones after they had issues).

I'm just not sure how to get windows to recognise my controller so I can install drivers; that's what i'm confused about

I don't post it to make you go paranoid as it's more than likely an issue with Windows but check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91geC3niAc

Try connect the controllers to another computer to see how things go on that other computer. I also have a motherboard based on a H/Z77 chipset and my ps3 gamepad acts funny when I connect it to an usb3 port.
(10-31-2015, 01:53 PM)Chris34 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't post it to make  you go paranoid as it's more than likely an issue with Windows but check this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91geC3niAc

Try connect the controllers to another computer to see how things go on that other computer. I also have a motherboard based on a H/Z77 chipset and my ps3 gamepad acts funny when I connect it to an usb3 port.

Well at least one of them is a genuine ps3 controller. The second one was from ebay but has no issues with my playstation, but its the 100% genuine one that i'm trying with my PC with no luck.
I have no idea how to start this.. However i cannot for the life of me get the bluetooth connection to work on my ps3 controller (verified original as per the compatibility list). I have had it work just once, then after a reboot it has stopped working and i cannot (multiple uninstall and reinstalls) get it to work... Any ideas what to do?

Edit: The system is windows 10 pro 64 bit
Has anyone else had trouble getting their DS3 to work with project cars? My controller works with Input tester and other games but project cars just wont respond to any button i press, ive tried with wired and bluetooth connections.
(10-31-2015, 07:12 PM)donny110 Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea how to start this.. However i cannot for the life of me get the bluetooth connection to work on my ps3 controller (verified original as per the compatibility list). I have had it work just once, then after a reboot it has stopped working and i cannot (multiple uninstall and reinstalls) get it to work... Any ideas what to do?

Edit: The system is windows 10 pro 64 bit

Are you using a computer with integrated bluetooth, especially one that has a combination 802.11b/g/n wifi with bluetooth chip? There are multiple reports (myself included) of these devices behaving strangely with the xinput wrapper. Some attempts have been made to iron this out my butt my particular device remains flakey. To solve this, I bought a cheap USB BT2.0 dongle and installed the bluetooth driver to that instead. My wireless DS3 has worked perfectly since. 

Not the best solution, but a solution nonetheless. For best results make sure your dongle is in the compatibility list, which you'll find in the documentation link on the first post of this thread.
(10-30-2015, 09:24 PM)heartMK Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you have a legit PS3 controller.** Does it say "P3" in the middle, rather than the proper PS3 logo?
(** Edit: Statement retracted! It seems my imitation controller has the same model # as an official PS3 controller.)

I bought one of these from Amazon, and I can't get it to work on my Windows 7 (64-bit) system, which is disappointing because I read the customer reviews prior to purchase and three different reviewers claimed they successfully used the controller on their PCs.

I have spent a LOT of hours trying to get it to work! Sad

However I only just noticed this on page 93 of this thread:

So I'm really not sure how those reviewers got the controller to work.

When I initially connect the controller, it shows up as "PS(R) Gamepad" in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, and also on the list of Game Controllers (by selecting Set up USB game controllers from the Start menu, or Game Controller Settings from the device's context menu).

As one would expect, it doesn't actually work at this stage: clicking Properties brings up the Test dialogue, but hitting buttons on the controller has no effect.

With the Scp drivers installed, and ScpServer.exe running, an additional controller appears in Devices and Printers ("Xbox 360 Controller for Windows"). And in Game Controllers the PS(R) Gamepad has been replaced by "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)".

No errors appear in SCP Server's output (all the messages say DEBUG or INFO in the Level column). Everything looks good so far.

Except at the top it reads:

Code:
Host Address : Disconnected
Pad 1 : DS3 00:26:5C:2E:XX:XX - USB 00000000 None

This doesn't look right - it's different from the screenshots in any of the tutorials I've followed.
(SCP Monitor shows the same info as above.)

And when I try to test the controller from Game Controllers/Properties, nothing happens. The buttons/sticks have zero effect.

Additional info about my system:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1, fully updated)

ScpServer v1.5.5756.37820 (downloaded yesterday)

Game controller - the sticker on the back reads:

Same issue, I think we might be lucky though. We might not have genuine DS3 controllers, we got the same controllers as the OP. And as you might have seen, OP is onto something =). But while OP is trying to find a solution to our problem, you could try to swap it with someone who has a genuine DS3 controller, they behave exactly the same on PS3.

OPs post about a having a small lead:
(10-30-2015, 09:04 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Holy sh*t, I found the data stream:

[Image: 30-10-_2015_19-59-47.png]

There are some well known HID reports the controller sends to the PS3 and some control traffic. Sniffing the data line from the PANHAIs micro to the Bluetooth chip. It's speaking TTL 3.3 Volts UART with 115200 baud, no parity. I'm excited Smile
New Release up!

No, this does not include PANHAI fixes nor a new profile manager so please don't ask Happy

Changes as always in the release's change log. Still working on the PANHAIs. Stay tuned.

Oh and by the way: my deepest gratitude to all the donors so far! Please excuse me not replying to all of you, I'll focus my energy on the project, thanks! Smile
(10-31-2015, 10:45 PM)PrincessWordplay Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using a computer with integrated bluetooth, especially one that has a combination 802.11b/g/n wifi with bluetooth chip? There are multiple reports (myself included) of these devices behaving strangely with the xinput wrapper. Some attempts have been made to iron this out my butt my particular device remains flakey. To solve this, I bought a cheap USB BT2.0 dongle and installed the bluetooth driver to that instead. My wireless DS3 has worked perfectly since. 

Not the best solution, but a solution nonetheless. For best results make sure your dongle is in the compatibility list, which you'll find in the documentation link on the first post of this thread.

Yes i have a pc with integrated graphics (asus) it is the asus p68v motherboard integrated. I am using a bluetooth 2.0 usb dongle but it is not functioning, if i disconnect the usb cable the controller keeps blinking xD. I have however ordered the asus on the compatibility list (the 4.0 one) and will have this on tuesday if it is not fixed by then (if it is i can send it back).

edit:
The release note link to the same one that was there this afternoon, is that me or is that correct?
(11-01-2015, 01:37 AM)donny110 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i have a pc with integrated graphics (asus) it is the asus p68v motherboard integrated. I am using a bluetooth 2.0 usb dongle but it is not functioning, if i disconnect the usb cable the controller keeps blinking xD. I have however ordered the asus on the compatibility list (the 4.0 one) and will have this on tuesday if it is not fixed by then (if it is i can send it back).

edit:
The release note link to the same one that was there this afternoon, is that me or is that correct?

I meant integrated bluetooth, generally it's laptops that have this.  Since you have a dongle it's probably just a compatibility issue. 

There is a new release out, as you'll see two posts up. You might want to try it out, perhaps the old dongle of yours will work. Oh course, being below Bluetooth 2.1 means questionable DS4 support.