..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ScpToolkit (XInput Wrapper aka ScpServer Reloaded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, folks. Bit of a brain-teaser for you all.

I installed version 1.5.5756.37820 last week and tried playing a couple of controller-supported games; everything seemed to work without a hitch. I THINK that I did a hard reboot on my machine and tried accessing the games again, and things were still fine, but I'm not confidently sure about this.

Yesterday, I tried playing both games again, and the controller wasn't recognized by either. If I open up SCP Monitor, it recognizes the controller, and the input tester works for all buttons.

Considerations:
-I'm playing over USB instead of Bluetooth.
-I have SCP loaded as a Windows service.
-Windows 7 x64
-My controllers are both USB\VID_054C&PID_0268.

Things I've tried:
-Several reboots
-Disabling firewall/AV/sandbox (wasn't expecting this was the problem considering it previously worked fine, but just as a double check)
-Swapping USB ports
-Connecting a different controller to the USB cable.

Anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas that I might try? Thanks for your help in advance! Smile
(11-02-2015, 12:10 AM)nfowleri Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, folks. Bit of a brain-teaser for you all.

I installed version 1.5.5756.37820 last week and tried playing a couple of controller-supported games; everything seemed to work without a hitch. I THINK that I did a hard reboot on my machine and tried accessing the games again, and things were still fine, but I'm not confidently sure about this.

Yesterday, I tried playing both games again, and the controller wasn't recognized by either. If I open up SCP Monitor, it recognizes the controller, and the input tester works for all buttons.

Considerations:
-I'm playing over USB instead of Bluetooth.
-I have SCP loaded as a Windows service.
-Windows 7 x64
-My controllers are both USB\VID_054C&PID_0268.

Things I've tried:
-Several reboots
-Disabling firewall/AV/sandbox (wasn't expecting this was the problem considering it previously worked fine, but just as a double check)
-Swapping USB ports
-Connecting a different controller to the USB cable.

Anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas that I might try? Thanks for your help in advance! Smile

Try removing and reinstalling the official Xbox 360 controller drivers for Windows. In my travels I've learned that when SCP Monitor sees your controller and games do not, that is usually the culprit.
Hi ! 

I'm using ScpToolkit v1.5.5782.20810 on Windows 10 x64 because MotionInJoy Ds3Tools always crash on my Windows 10.

The installation worked great but when I restarted Windows, my controller wasn't reconized anymore at windows startup.

Note : 

I restarted " Ds3 Service / SCP DSx Service" (C:\Program Files (x86)\ScpToolkit\ScpService.exe)
and my controller started.

Can someone help my to find a solution to make my DualShock 3 controller work at startup without doing a thing ?

Thank you !

EDIT :

For those who have the same problem as me, I have found a way to make it work.

Create a new notepad file. Type :
NET START Ds3Service
Save it as Whatyouwant.bat (not .txt)

Click on OK then on Apply and OK.
Copy the .bat on the Scp Toolkit folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ScpToolkit

Create a .bat shortcut
On the shortcut property tab, click on "Advanced" on tick "Run as administrator".

Launch manually.

These files are on this post attachment zip

Note : I don't know why the .bat can't be launch at startup and in Windows Task Scheduler at startup too in Windows 10.
I had no dice with PrincessWordplay's tip (thanks anyway!!), but interestingly, czerwinski's solution (stopping/restarting the service) seemed to work.

Could it be a problem with load order--Windows loading the SCP driver before the 360 driver loads--or something like that?
(11-02-2015, 04:14 AM)nfowleri Wrote: [ -> ]I had no dice with PrincessWordplay's tip (thanks anyway!!), but interestingly, czerwinski's solution (stopping/restarting the service) seemed to work.

Could it be a problem with load order--Windows loading the SCP driver before the 360 driver loads--or something like that?

It's easier than stopping and restarting  the service after Windows Startup !  Happy
(11-02-2015, 03:15 AM)czerwinski76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ! 

I'm using ScpToolkit v1.5.5782.20810 on Windows 10 x64 because MotionInJoy Ds3Tools always crash on my Windows 10.

The installation worked great but when I restarted Windows, my controller wasn't reconized anymore at windows startup.

Note : 

I restarted " Ds3 Service / SCP DSx Service" (C:\Program Files (x86)\ScpToolkit\ScpService.exe)
and my controller started.

Can someone help my to find a solution to make my DualShock 3 controller work at startup without doing a thing ?

Thank you !

EDIT :

For those who have the same problem as me, I have found a way to make it work.

Create a new notepad file. Type :
NET START Ds3Service
Save it as Whatyouwant.bat (not .txt)

Click on OK then on Apply and OK.
Copy the .bat on the Scp Toolkit folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ScpToolkit

Create a scheduled task to launch the .bat on startup (with max authorizations).

These files are on this post attachment zip :

- Scheduled task .xml to import on Windows Task Scheduler program (Choose your Windows version after import on 
  the down of the task property page)
- Service starting .bat
- Service starting .bat shortcut if you don't want to launch task at startup (manual start)
- Short note file in French (Translation here : http://bit.ly/1LL6cn9)

In the SCPSettings utility there are options to force the driver on startup. This is useful when Windows gets into one of its moods and thinks it knows what you want better than you do. If it is already toggled, then I'm afraid I don't know where else you can look and you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable.
(11-02-2015, 06:39 AM)PrincessWordplay Wrote: [ -> ]In the SCPSettings utility there are options to force the driver on startup. This is useful when Windows gets into one of its moods and thinks it knows what you want better than you do. If it is already toggled, then I'm afraid I don't know where else you can look and you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable.

Don't know why but it is activated but it does nothing for me on Windows 10.

[Image: 151098ScpToolkitGlobalConfigurationForce...lation.png]
Hi Nefarius! I have some issue with new version of ScpServer v1.5.5782.20810, if i connect gamepad over usb, left stick moves down itself over LY axis and presses PS button, if i connecting over bluetooth everything works fine. The same issue been when i tried version of WkNaZA9 with fix when bluetooth not connecting after reboot/sleep. If i try older version like ScpServer v1.5.5756.37820 everything works fine for both connections usb and bluetooth.
Hi Nefarius,

I am new to the forum and I am very happy to have found this tool. I was using DS4Windows, but I wanted a solution that allowed me to use a DS3 and DS4 simultaneously over Bluetooth. I found a bug with the latest release (v1.5.5782.20810) that makes the service crash every time I connect 2 different types of controller. If I connect a DS3, it works fine, then it crashes when connecting a DS4 and vice-versa. It only happens over Bluetooth.

Version v1.5.5756.16824 works perfectly!

Also, I would like to contribute and the only thing I am really missing about DS4Windows is the touchpad mouse support. Is this something that is already in progress? If not, this is something that I would be interested to work on.

Thanks for the good work!

(11-01-2015, 03:50 PM)Nefarius Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, as stated in the first post I need the *.log.xml files...

(11-01-2015, 03:59 PM)donny110 Wrote: [ -> ]Okey, added them to this post.. Couldn't find them at first -_-.

Was their anything usefull in the logs? I uninstalled the package rebooted and attempted a force install but that also did not work.. I am actually confused why the same dongle did work on my old laptop on windows 7 64 bit however (it was one of the old packages).
If there would be some way to get this to work it would make my day (and a definite donation xD). Is there any privacy concerns with keeping this file up (can't actually take it off if i'm not sure it has been seen).

Thanks for the awesome pack and the help Wink