..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 wiki edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I edit a wiki.pcsx2 page and add my test configuration. Why is there so few configurations. I was expecting there to be hundreds per game. Is there some sort of rule that I'm missing.
Just lack of interest. I would suggest to just register and contribute...
Why would a game needs more than 1 working config?

Anyway, I think you need permission to be able to edit the wiki. PM the mods.
I just thought there are many different pc specs so maybe someone had the same specs as me I could just look at the wiki page and look for my CPU GPU etc and see what settings they had to make the game work.
(08-25-2015, 03:01 PM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]Why would a game needs more than 1 working config?

Anyway, I think you need permission to be able to edit the wiki. PM the mods.

not really, as long as you have made an account on the wiki site you can simply add as much as Information you want.

of course there are captchas for safety Tongue2
(08-25-2015, 03:57 PM)digitaldelboy Wrote: [ -> ]I just thought there are many different pc specs so maybe someone had the same specs as me I could just look at the wiki page and look for my CPU GPU etc and see what settings they had to make the game work.

The minor problem is that high-end system specs are outdated after approximately 1 or 2 years. Nobody uses nowadays a core 2 quad extreme or athlon 64. Keeping those configurations wouldn't help. The major problem is that pcsx2 can change faster than that period. Configurations resulting in nice results using 0.9.7 might not be optimal for 1.2.1.

In the end optimization of configuration only takes a couple of minutes - if you know what you're dowing - and is game, version and spec dependent. Transferring those results is not possible and probably not reasonable.
I understand so do we even need the wiki page then.
It represents a summary of known bugs and sometimes solutions to solve them.

Speed optimization is probably not the reason to provide a wiki.

The FFX page is a nice example
Ok thanks.

A little of topic here but don't want to start a new thread,

In the BIOS I get the option to increase the VRAM I can't remember what it's at I think it's the lowest option. Will pcsx2 benefit if I increase it.

PC specs if needed

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
RAM
16.0GB
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000