..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Freezing Problem (NEW)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I'm trying to run "007 : From Russia With Love" PS2 ISO ( saved in my HDD ) with AMD A4 5300, RADEON HD 6570 and 4GB RAM DDR3. My problem is that the game use to freeze usualy at the first minutes, also I have some problems with graphics & sound ( when game doesn't freeze! [Image: tongue.gif] ). I cant play the game and it's first time I'm using PCSX2!

Screenshots from PCSX2 configuration:  http://imgur.com/a/I3mAc (I changed BIOS, now I am 100% legal)
In-game Screenshots (first it's normal, second its video ends and game starts, and there is a problem - but also sometimes in first stucks):

[Image: 45fts4p.jpg]  [Image: yvF11GZ.jpg]  

[Image: LYTfL7z.jpg]
go to config>emulation settings>manual game fixes: and try enabling the EE timing hack. DON"T ENABLE ANYTHING ELSE! Also, disable the hack for any other game.
What happens if you press F9?

Please post the full emulog after you observed the problem.
Please post emulation settings (not plugin selector).
I would suggest to rather use a multiple of native resolution instead of custom. Using custom yields almost no benefit over integer scaled native but produces additional errors. 2xnative would be similar to your current resolution.
Ok, game seems to not stuck any more, but i am still having lag & orange screen. Maybe the game wants more powerful computer than I have, or I should lower the graphics ( I set them to 2x native, original ps2 native and custom as i had ). When I press F9 orange screen fixes, but i still have a lot of lag.

I tried an other game, Avatar : Into The Inferno and everything was ok (audio was a little bit bad, but still fine)

[Image: 6jiBu2G.png]

Code:
Opening plugins...
    Opening PAD
    Opening SPU2
    Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\Rad\Documents\PS2 ROMs\007 - From Russia with Love (USA).iso
    Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2254752 sectors)
    Opening USB
    Opening FW
    Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\Rad\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\Rad\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
    Bios Found: USA     v02.20(10/02/2006)  Console
    BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
    BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_212.82;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_212.82;1) Game CRC = 0x22DC8EAC, EntryPoint = 0x00110008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_212.82;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
    Loading GS
Suspending single plugin: GS
    Saving GS
    Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
    Opening GS
        Forced software switch enabled.
    Loading GS
Closing plugins...
    Closing DEV9
    Closing FW
    Closing USB
    Closing CDVD
    Closing SPU2
    Closing PAD
    Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
If ee% is maxed at 17fps there is nothing you can do. You need a mich strenger CPU.
Or should I set both cores to work? I have Dual Core CPU
Maybe there is really nothing I can do, here is some screenshots, in the first one there is only a video playing and in the second one the game starts!
- Custon Resolution : 400 x 300 -
 [Image: oiQBPge.jpg]  [Image: qlXVv7w.jpg]