..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Severe flickering in Grandia Xtreme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I've got a very annoying issue with Grandia Xtreme (NTSC), a game which I copied from my own disc and was not downloaded. Here's what's annoying; whether the speedhacks are on or off, (1.5/2.0/3.0x, or none) the graphics flicker very rapidly (60fps) and hurt my eyes/give me a headache. So, here is the current setup that I'm currently using:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz
RAM: 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM
Video: PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3
PCSX2 Version: 0.9.6 SVN 791
Speed hacks: Default Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack
and escape hack
SPU: SPU-2X 1.1.0
GPU: GSdx 890 SSSE3.0 0.1.14
-Internal Resolution 1440x900
-NLOOP (gray) Texture Filtering (gray), Logarithmic Z,
Alpha Correction
-Aspect Ratio: 16;9
-Pixel Shader: 3.0
-Direct3D9 (Hardware)
BIOS: USA (NTSC v01.60)
Advanced: All Default

While there is a partial workaround (by using ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1), it's doesn't help if I have to load a savestate (white screen but sound still exists). Yes, I do use memory cards and while save states load properly in GSdx, the flashing will NOT go away. I'd use the ZeroGS, but it's outdated and has the load state problems I mentioned earlier in this paragraph. Strangely enough, it runs at 60fps with no speed hacks. Any help or suggestions on how to resolve this stupid strobe-effect issue? And no, before you ask, I won't get Vista just for this one issue.
Play with the interlace options in GSDX almost all flickering is related to them...
(03-23-2009, 12:57 AM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]Play with the interlace options in GSDX almost all flickering is related to them...
Hmmm....some of them almost work, but, still, the flickering isn't going anywhere...dang.

[Image: flickergalore.jpg]
Ok, this is somewhat of a regression. Try and find an old pcsx2 (like some early playground builds) and/or and older GSdx.
I know that this game worked 100% once Wink
(03-23-2009, 04:21 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, this is somewhat of a regression. Try and find an old pcsx2 (like some early playground builds) and/or and older GSdx.
I know that this game worked 100% once Wink

Alright, I'll give it a try.
For me this is game working fine with very bit flicker in FMV and almost nill in game but i need some confirmation to other member who have ATI card. Please read this thread for my plugin and setting http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3661-page-3.html and i just try with pcsx2 r.791 and working fine too.
just get the svn r836 and get gsdx 0,1.8 and set interlacing blendbff and you should be fine dont use newer revs cuz they broke this game and also a few others like wild arms 3 it became slower and it gets stuck in first battle on the train where you you fight as a team for the first time it hang after the guy throws shuriken or something