..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: out of memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So hi, obviously Im new. But im having a bit of issues with the emulator. Ive been trying to play God of War and Champions of Norath. but the FPS is at anywhere between .21 to 30. starts off at 30 and then slowly lowers down to .21 area. i look at the console and it keeps rapid fire repeating saying "GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled". but when i play Kingdom of Hearts it runs perfectly fine if not a little fuzzy

Specs:
Windows 10 64 bit
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
CPU: AMD FX-6120
RAM: 8gb

any help would be great thanks.
and all settings are set to default except for the clamping mode is set to Extra + Preserve sign set in EE/IOP and Extra set in VUs because of the half screen problem. again any help would be great THANK YOU
Set everything to default and enable only the recommended hacks.
Also I saw that "GSdx: out-of-memory, texturing temporarily disabled" couple of weeks ago but once I downloaded the latest beta,that message didn't appear anymore.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Unfortunately, your CPU is quite weak for pcsx2.
With all recommended speedhacks + we cycle rate to 1, you should be able to play god of war quite well.

But forget about champions of norrath. It'll be much too demanding for your CPU.
(09-03-2015, 09:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, your CPU is quite weak for pcsx2.
With all recommended speedhacks + we cycle rate to 1, you should be able to play god of war quite well.

But forget about champions of norrath. It'll be much too demanding for your CPU.

so then what grade of cpu do i need to play it?
Anything with an str equal or above 1600.
Yours is below 1300
would an AMD Phenom ll X4 970 be better?
or better question. Is my CPU not powerful enough for my system? been debating on getting a better processor for a while
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
The gpu is powerful but the cpu is not
I love how on that list there's like only 3 AMD proccessors that are better then mine XD
but i also notice that the 1600 and better thread rating are quite up there in cores and pricing -_- guess im not playing champions of norath anytime soon....