..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition [PAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# PCSX2 versions used: 
  • pcsx2-v1.3.1-1198-gc700035-windows-x86 (latest dev build at the time of writing, bug still present) (commit link)
  • pcsx2-v1.3.1-966-g260c127-windows-x86 (first dev build when regression occurred, date is 2015-08-16 18:12:34) (commit link)
  • pcsx2-v1.3.1-965-g6580f49-windows-x86 (last dev build where bug was not present, date is 2015-08-16 14:06:10) (commit link)
# Emulation settings: Only hack used was MTVU. Emulator ran with the "Safest" presets, no CRC hacks were used.
# Plugins used: GSdx, using the OpenGL renderer (hardware and software)
# Description:
The pause menu is supposed to have a grungy texture applied to it. On software mode, it appears as expected. On hardware mode, the texture appears minimized on the top left corner. However when Blending Unit accuracy is set to "None", the pause menu appears as expected again, might be a bug on the Blending Unit, perhaps?

# CPU: i5-4590k
# GPU: GTX 970 (driver version 355.98, latest at the time of writing)

# Screenshots:
Software mode, the grungy film grain texture appears as expected:

[Image: sw_mode.png]

Hardware mode, notice the texture minimized on the top left.

[Image: hw_mode.png]

Lastly, hardware mode with Blending Unit accuracy set to "None", the texture appears to be right now:

[Image: hw_mode_fast_no_blend_accuracy.png]
I am no expert here but I guess the second picture is the expected one considering current code. The blending unit none effect is a lucky bug I would say. There are a lot of games that suffer from this upper left corner issue. Also you will observe this as well mostly in native resolution while the rectangle shrinks with increasing internal resolution.

I think here is so far no solution to the rectangle postprocessing issue. Also it might not be the highest priority as it only adds post processing. But who knows what gregory will fix next...
(10-02-2015, 03:02 PM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I am no expert here but I guess the second picture is the expected one considering current code. The blending unit none effect is a lucky bug I would say. There are a lot of games that suffer from this upper left corner issue. Also you will observe this as well mostly in native resolution while the rectangle shrinks with increasing internal resolution.

I think here is so far no solution to the rectangle postprocessing issue. Also it might not be the highest priority as it only adds post processing. But who knows what gregory will fix next...

I spent some time trying out the Orphis builds to find out which build introduced this bug, so hopefully it'll help somehow. I'm no expert either, but now we can point at some code commits and say when this started.
Thanks for the good quality report .r5 ! pushing this to GitHub so Gregory could take notice of this issue. Nice work finding the commits though Biggrin
@ .r5

could you also provide a GS dump of the issue ? that should make fixing the issue a lot faster for gregory Smile

if you're not sure on how to create a GS dump, you can read it from here.
(10-02-2015, 03:49 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]@ .r5

could you also provide a GS dump of the issue ? that should make fixing the issue a lot faster for gregory Smile

if you're not sure on how to create a GS dump, you can read it from here.

Roger that, this post should have an attachment with what you asked for. I called it "BadBlending", not sure how to describe it properly. If you think of something better, rename it to help gregory.

Blending Unit Accuracy was set to "Medium" on this dump. Except for the "None" setting, the bug is present on every other setting.
(10-02-2015, 04:06 PM).r5 Wrote: [ -> ]Roger that, this post should have an attachment with what you asked for. I called it "BadBlending", not sure how to describe it properly. If you think of something better, rename it to help gregory.

Thanks, you've been a great help. *added the GS dump to Github*
This no longer occurs on the latest git build, v1.3.1-1259.
Yeah, Gregory fixed it. Thanks for the report Smile

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.