..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Frame rate really slow, being forced to use software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just downloaded this today to play Champions: Return to Arms and when I booted it up with Direct3D11 Hardware, half of the screen was blank which I realized was only fixed if it was put into Software but now that I'm using Software the FPs is 20 and is barely playable. Any way I can resolve this so that the fps runs better?
Moved to General.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
you'll have to use latest git.
but please provide what Blyss asked
(10-13-2015, 06:42 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to General.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Im Using Windows 10
AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics Card
32GB RAM
2TB HDD

PCSX2 1.2.1

I'm using Direct 3D11 (Software)
and thats the only setting I've changed

I'm trying to play Champions: Return to Arms
try latest git, then.
Even on latest git using hw renderer this game is ridiculously demanding.
This game uses the snowblind engine and is extremely demanding to emulate. I have Champions of Norrath and get massive fps drops on the main menu in HW mode even on my system.
Yeah that hardware won't be enough even on latest GIT in HW I think.
No hardware is currently enough for these games. AKA you are going to get slowdowns no matter what kind of hardware you have.