..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Devil May Cry 3 SE [NTSC-U]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# PCSX2 versions used: 
  • PCSX2 1.3.1-20151018023858 -windows-x86 (latest dev build)

# Emulation settings: "Safest" preset, no hacks.
# Plugins used: GSdx AVX2, using the Dx 11 (hardware and software)
# Plugin settings: CRC Hack Level "FULL", Selecting None renders the game unplayable.
# Description: 
On hardware mode, The game runs fine, escept for the fact that when the game is paused, the granny texture is shown, but no actual option leters, so, cans see where to select a desirable option.. Also when changing weapons, normally the is a tiny icon on the corners of the screen indicatin the actual weapon, and can not be seen in this build.

# CPU: AMD Phenom 2 X4 B65 @ 3.40GHz
# GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 (Driver: NVIDIA 358.50)

I cannot put screenshot comparison since Dx 9 has the same error and Openg GL, crash to desctop once a game is loaded.

# Screenshots:
Did you use gsdx hw hacks?
The missing HUD (weapon icons, health gauge, etc) and pause menu options only happen with the DX9 and DX11 renderers for me. The OpenGL renderer needs the "Hardware Depth" option enabled to fix these things. Software mode will work as well.
(10-20-2015, 12:54 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you use gsdx hw hacks?

Yes and No. ethier using Gdsx hw cracks or not, still the same results....there not much change betwen activating them or not, at this case, none of them makes the pause menu appear.

(10-20-2015, 01:13 AM).r5 Wrote: [ -> ]The missing HUD (weapon icons, health gauge, etc) and pause menu options only happen with the DX9 and DX11 renderers for me. The OpenGL renderer needs the "Hardware Depth" option enabled to fix these things. Software mode will work as well.

Sadlly i cannot test Open Gl render, since it crash to my desktop, i posted another thread about my Open GL problem so, hope something happens. But giving you answer, guess there is just the way DX 11 and 9 works right now....strange, because they worked before....just before the last Nvidia mess with drivers that happend a few months ago.
Ok, here to report.

As .r5 said, and later proven (since my git version was broken, updating version fixes de OGL crash), on open GL with "Hardware Depth" the problem is fixed but when the pause menu is on screen the emulator becomes really laggy, like the pause menu was taking more resources that the rest of the game.

DX 9 and 11, still has the problem present with no apparent solution for now......but they worked before as i played the game with DX11 un a version 6 months ago where the bug was not present..............and i, will always say, DX 11, has better and sharper graphics than Open GL (In dragon ball infinite world for example, ther are graphic errors on HUD in open gl, in dx 11 there are none)

Version working with Open GL is PCSX2 1.3.1-20151019153735
Duplicate of http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Resolved-...-Awakening which is currently resolved on your master branch.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Duplicate since it has been reported already.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Duplicate/Invalid/rejected bug reports subforum.