..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Force Feedback Using SteamOS Xpad Driver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Did you have this SDL issue with the older plugin (which depends on SDL1)
No, the older SDL1 plugin was fine. I'm really hoping someone else reading this thread will find time to test both and post results/config settings as I think it would help... Smile
Actually, what is your distro? I have no problem whatsoever with sound actually. I use portaudio + alsa. Do you have pulseaudio on your system? Pusleaudio is known to cause many problems since it interferes with a lot of other stuff(and in my opinion, pulse is not exactly the best piece of software ever been....). Especially, I would guess even when you try to use alsa, it is just emulated by pulse.
Maybe you could try to uninstall pulse and make pure alsa system?
Anyway, I am on evdev, detecting devices right now, hopefully it helps. Will make the SPU2-X able to build without it after then(or just build with SDL1.3 if that works).
On another note, the GUI will have its pull request in a matter of minutes, a .so will be given too, if you want to test it Wink
This is with Mint 17.2, which sure does include pulseaudio. I've heard of issues with it but never encountered any (that I'm aware of). Oddly though, using the new SDL2 plugin, with portaudio/alsa selected, games start off fine but after a minute or two, audio switches to "scratchy" mode - where you can't hear anything properly. That wouldn't have anything to do with SDL though, right? I don't really want to uninstall pulse because I'm sure there are other dependencies with it on the system.

Great that evdev is coming along too - thanks! And sure, would love to test-drive the GUI when it's ready... Smile
OK, will upload in this post, he is doing PR, he just want me to correct english a bit.
It could be SDL related if the SDL_INIT call is done in fact(which is not impossible, I will try to look fast after)
Ha it's true pulse must be quite used there.. At worst there are ways to use things such as "apulse" to isolate programs using it while using alsa for all the rest.
Hello ! I'm 3kinox's room mate.
I send you the new version of onepad (SDL2 compiled) with a new interface.
Suggestion and bug report will be appreciated !

Excl Please remove your onepad.ini before Excl
Thanks kust! Unfortunately though, the new plugin crashes PCSX2 for me when I attempt to configure it. Have you introduced any new deps?
Effectively, it seems the compilation failed for an unknown reason. I will send you a new version tomorrow. I can't do I for the moment. I'm sorry for this mistake.
That's ok, I'm patient. I appreciate your work! Looking forward to it.
Ok, this one must works (works on my laptop).
Let me know if there is another problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5