..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: HELP MY AMD MAKE ME WANT TO THROW MY LAPTOP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, i wanna ask something about my laptop, i've tried using PCSX2 since last year using my new laptop (which for me its like trash, the fps never go up over 40 when i play persona 4 and DIGITAL devil saga)

here is my spec :
VGA : AMD RADEON HD 8550 + 8500 HD DUAL
Approx memory : 86 mb (??? i dont know but why its 86 mb)
Prosessor : AMD A8-5550M APU With radeon HD graphic
RAM : 4 giga

when i use my previous laptop which was i5 processor, its going like heaven, never fail to amuse me. but suddenly my laptop broke and i have to buy the one which is this AMD laptop. can anyone help me with my problem ?
that processor's single threaded rating is barely over 1000, It won't be good for most of the games I'm afraid Sad
(10-22-2015, 05:47 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]that processor's single threaded rating is barely over 1000, It won't be good for most of the games I'm afraid Sad

Um...i am not quite understand about "single threaded rating"...
mostly i play my game perfectly even PPSPP and newest One Piece Kaizoku musou pretty well in high setting.
Even for Skyrim the default setting is Ultra without any lag, and of course i used a hundred mod in it.
(10-23-2015, 04:54 AM)Milanor77 Wrote: [ -> ]Um...i am not quite understand about "single threaded rating"...

see here and if you can, compare it to the STR your previous CPU had.
Quote:mostly i play my game perfectly even PPSPP and newest One Piece Kaizoku musou pretty well in high setting.
Even for Skyrim the default setting is Ultra without any lag, and of course i used a hundred mod in it.
And so what ??
are you trying to compare another completely different emulator & native pc games to PS2 emulation ? That's mere nonsense
Jesalvein is right , PC games are more demanding on the GPU rather than the Processor conversely it's the opposite for Emulating games. I would like to write a big explanation to explain stuffs but I'm ** too lazy **