..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Uninstallation Assistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know where PCSX2 installs all it's files on Leopard?  I need a list if I'm going to uninstall it manually (assuming you don't have an uninstaller).

Also does anyone know if you have a PPC build?
Which version do you plan to install?
Well I tried to install the latest Leopard version until I realised it was pure intel binary, no ppc which I need. Now I just want to uninstall this thing so I don't have HDD space consumed with unnecessary intel code.
But what is the source of your files? Where did you download it?
Right here from this very website in the downloads section: http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/mac.html (the one at the bottom that says "Leopard")
I was planning to uninstall it but if you can help me find a PPC build (if there is one) of the emulator I'd be very grateful. All I can find are intel versions.
(10-24-2015, 02:15 AM)3371-Alpha Wrote: [ -> ]Right here from this very website in the downloads section: http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/mac.html (the one at the bottom that says "Leopard")
I was planning to uninstall it but if you can help me find a PPC build (if there is one) of the emulator I'd be very grateful. All I can find are intel versions.

I don't think there is.
There hasn't been new mac versions for ages since most active Mac users are using the Wineskin port
So no PowerPC build? Really?
On a side question why do users use the wineskin version? Emulators are already slow by nature. A compatibility layer (like wine) plus an emulator makes it even slower. I understand it emulates an old console and isn't that resource hungry because of that but still.
(10-24-2015, 09:04 AM)3371-Alpha Wrote: [ -> ]So no PowerPC build? Really?
On a side question why do users use the wineskin version?
probably because this is the most up to date
Quote:Emulators are already slow by nature. A compatibility layer (like wine) plus an emulator makes it even slower.
yes, but nowadays there isn't any dev working on a Mac port of pcsx2.
So, the wine solution is the only one left if you want to use latest fixes from the devsn since the only compile/code their emu for windows.
Quote: I understand it emulates an old console and isn't that resource hungry because of that but still.
actually, it IS resource hungry because of its alien architecture
what exactly caused the abandonment of the official mac version anyways?
(10-24-2015, 07:22 PM)3371-Alpha Wrote: [ -> ]what exactly caused the abandonment of the official mac version anyways?

Absolutely no idea since there is no "official" version.
The devs never got interested in making a Mac version.
one day, Zedr0n came here saying he'd like to try making a port.
we opened him a subforum in which he could post his findings. but he was mostly alone.
Pages: 1 2