..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Request for testers of new SPU2-X SDL2 plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, in using the new SDL2-based SPU2-X plugin as distributed in Gregory's latest PPA dated 10-21, I've discovered scratchy sound that did not exist with the older, SDL1-based plugin.  In speaking with Gregory about this, he suggested posting a new thread topic asking for more testers and results to help him get a better handle on what is going on - so, can someone confirm that they are seeing similar issues using this new plugin?

Here are some more specific results from this Mint 17.2 platform:

Module: SDL Audio
Result: Scratchy audio immediately on game start but audio is still somewhat intelligible

Module: PortAudio
PortAudio API: ALSA
Result: Game starts with clear sound, but within 2-3 minutes (seemingly random) audio switches to "scratchy" mode, audio unintelligible until audio plugin window is reopened/closed

I've posted specific configuration settings here , where you can see that others have had similar problems albeit with earlier versions of the plugin.

Thanks in advance.
Please provide the full SDL version too. On debian relative system you can use the following command.
Code:
dpkg -l libsdl2-2.0-0
For example mine shows:

||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii libsdl2-2.0-0: 2.0.2+dfsg1- amd64 Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii libsdl2-2.0-0: 2.0.2+dfsg1- i386 Simple DirectMedia Layer
For the record:

Select ALSA api to fix the SDL issue.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/929