..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Audio Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I downloaded PCSX2 with the intention of using it for Guitar Hero 2 and such.  I'm getting some very noticeable audio lag, though.  I have the latency as low as it will go (30 ms) and have Timestretch selected. It's not my PC specs. I have an i5 4690k @3.5 GHz, GTX 980, 8 gb DDR3 1600 Hz ram, and my motherboard has good built in sound (AS Rock Extreme 6). Everything works perfectly with perfect timing except for PCSX2. I've read through what I could find about reducing the lag but nothing really helped.  Have I done as much as I can do?
Rhythm game + emulator = recipe for problems.

A zillion things could be causing this. Monitor input lag, controller input lag, audio input lag, the phase of the moon...

I'm assuming you mean the audio is behind the display?
Ever Guitar Hero I have played has a calibration tool built into it for input lag. Go into options and it should be there.
I don't know if the PS2 ones do, nor do I know if it would work with emulator. But it's worth a shot if it exists.
The calibration is there, not sure how well it will work.
Calibration is only for visual lag I think. My monitor has a 1 ms response time. Everything visual like hitting the notes on time and everything is good, but the audio is behind by about 1/4 of a second which is pretty huge for rhythm games.
Maybe try async mix if you're getting 60fps
Maybe zerospu? Not sure where you will find it but google might help...
Okay Async was awful so nope that didn't work  Sad
Or increase latency to be off by one beat which will be sync again Laugh
Pages: 1 2 3