..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How can I make my game not run in slow-mo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to play Ratchet and Clank on PCSX2 v1.2.1, the cutscenes run fine but when the environment is loaded for a player, the game drops to ~20 fps, with tweaks I brought that up to a range of ~20-40, although I need to stare at a wall to get the highs of that range.

System specs:

CPU: Intel quad-core i7-4710MQ 2.50GHz (With some googling on overclocking, apparently the GHz automatically goes up to like 3 or 3.50 when needed, no idea on the credibility of that)

Built in graphics: Intel 4600

Actual graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

RAM: 8GB (Note: I often have other programs open in the background. They are: Spotify, Skype, Steam, Steam friends list, Steam chat, Google Chrome (Average of about 5 different youtube tabs open, plus misc things I often intend to go back to then don't), Task Manager and sometimes a folder

Note: No idea if this is relevant in the slightest, but the controller I use is an Xbox one controller.

PCSX2 plugins:

GSdx AVX2

SPU2-X

SSSPSX PAD

CDVDGigaherz

Rest are null

GSdx settings: 

Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Renderer: D3D11(soft)
Note: OpenGL crashes PCSX2, and hardware gives intense graphical issues.

Interlacing: Auto

Shade Boost, FXAA and FX Shader are disabled

3 extra rendering threads

Edge Anti-Aliasing disabled

SPU2-X settings:

Interpolation: 0

Disabled effects processing

Module: DirectSound

Volume: 100

Latency: 49 ms

Synchronizing mode: Async, doesn't seem to cause problems, was seriously annoyed by slow-mo music.

Everything else is default

Emulation settings:

EE/IOP settings:

Both default

Clamping: None

Advanced: Left to default, chop/zero

VU settings: Same as EE/IOP

GS settings:

Base Framerate: 100%
Slow-mo framerate: 50%
Turbo Framerate: 150% (Note: I thought turbo gave you more fps...? I hit tab to turn on turbo, and actually lost fps)

Frame skipping: Default, disabled.

GS Window settings:

Ratio: 16:9

Size: 1600x900

Speedhacks settings:

Speedhacks enabled

EE cyclerate: 1

VU cyclestealing: 0

Both microVU hacks enabled with no added problems

Enabled INTC Spin Detection

Enabled Wait Loop detection

Gamefixes settings: Disabled/untouched

If any more information is needed, just tell me.

EDIT: Probably worth noting, my GS Window settings were default before I went to read them and decided to make them what they are now. Performance was not affected by this.
Make sure your laptop's power plan is set to high performance and play it while it's plugged in.
Yep, already doing both of those things.
If you don't have MTVU enabled, then that may help, but there really isn't much else you can do.
And try the EE hack on 2 or even 3.
(11-09-2015, 05:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]And try the EE hack on 2 or even 3.

Thanks, now the highs of the range are ~50-60, however it still averages ~20-30 :/
get a CPU with STR above 2000
Even that won't fully solve it though. My 2400 STR can attest to that.

My 3770k @ 4.2Ghz with 4 extra threads STILL needs EE hack on 2 and STILL gets drop into the 50s. Game is brutal.
(11-09-2015, 06:49 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Even that won't fully solve it though. My 2400 STR can attest to that.

My 3770k @ 4.2Ghz with 4 extra threads STILL needs EE hack on 2 and STILL gets drop into the 50s. Game is brutal.

oh, sorry.
a CPU with an STR above 2500 should be better, then Tongue2
Yeah the R&C games are ridiculous. 2 is the worst in my experience. VU stealing will help as well but it will dramatically lower the internal FPS too. Take your pick heh. I guess it's a combination of both being a very demanding game AND requiring software mode too.
Pages: 1 2