..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Why not a Hotkey to switch Renderers?(DX11, OpenGL,OpenCL, ect)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This would be nice, but switching to and from OpenGL on the fly has been know to cause PCSX2 crashes, for me at least.
I'd prefer a hotkey to open the GSdx window. A LOT of testing is done on that window, and putting a shortcut for every individual function is just not possible, so if new hotkeys are used, it should be something general.
I was also just thinking, how awesome would it be(I haven't seen this) for there to be a key to switch between rendering resolutions? i.e + / - on your Numpad or number keys.

Just be a neat thing to have, depending on an area that may be more intense than you thought. I remember a PS1 emulator I used having this ability, I always just thought it was cool to keep increasing it until I reached the limit, then go back down, makes great before and after photos. Perhaps one to switch MSAA on and off as well? Perhaps the * key?
The question is whether we can change the rendering resolution without reinitializing the whole renderer. If we can it should be trivial, if we can't then it would not be a very "nice" thing to be coding. By that I mean reiniting the renderer for say 10px jumps would not be efficient.

Though the renderer switch key is excellent and I fully support this idea.
I dont think we should use other keys than function and special keys. Or we need to trigger them with ctrl or shift. Some people need this buttons for other stuff as controller input.
(11-09-2015, 02:46 PM)K.F Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer a hotkey to open the GSdx window. A LOT of testing is done on that window, and putting a shortcut for every individual function is just not possible, so if new hotkeys are used, it should be something general.
Yes, that would be great. It's hidden behind two tabs and you can be switching to and from it quite a few times trying to improve the graphical experience of a game.
(11-13-2015, 09:22 AM)willkuer Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think we should use other keys than function and special keys. Or we need to trigger them with ctrl or shift. Some people need this buttons for other stuff as controller input.

Agreeing with this. And if we're really going to be implementing more hotkeys it should just be an optional thing or something. At least give us the option to change it to whatever we want, or allow us to completely disable it as well.
I think the option to disable is not needed if it's a combination like SHIFT plus an F key etc. Our UI is pretty complicated as it is.

FWIW I was originally gonna modify Lilypad to allow binding of hotkeys natively but it's a project that turned out to be beyond me >_<
(11-13-2015, 01:11 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I think the option to disable is not needed if it's a combination like SHIFT plus an F key etc. Our UI is pretty complicated as it is.

FWIW I was originally gonna modify Lilypad to allow binding of hotkeys natively but it's a project that turned out to be beyond me >_<

By disabling it, I mean simply remove the hotkey configured, in case of us using that hotkey for something else.

So you'd get:

Save State = F1
Save State = [None] (In case you don't want to use any hotkey for Save States)

Personally I've never been a fan of being forced to use hotkeys.
Well configuring them is nice but if we add a new configurable one then it's kinda weird to have some configurable and some not. Though we already have that sorta with the main UI's being configurable via ini but GSdx's not I guess.
Pages: 1 2 3