..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: GZIP compression safe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I had about 80Gb worth of games I ended up saving 20GB using CSO on default compression, so I'm pretty happy with results.
I just discovered PCSX2Bonus doesn't work with CSO Sad
(11-10-2015, 10:29 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Wait you are saying default CSO was slower than 7zip gzip? Dafuq? Gzip was massively slower for me. As I said gzip was about 5 times slower when I ran the tests on my FX6300 @4.6Ghz. Yes I know it's not the best STR CPU but till it shouldn't be that much different. Hmmm.

Anyway I didn't know about pigz. Good stuff. My ISO folder is up to a whopping 178GB. If only I could be arsed to compress it XD

Also somehow the < > signs in that quote broke it for me and made my reply appear in it like the /quote wasn't there. Hmm.

Yes, that was my result, on intel old mobile cpu. In cso default speed oscillate around 2-2,5 MB/s, while in 7zip (maximum, not ultra) i have 3800 kb/s so almost twice speedup. But maxcso --fast is really amazing in speed - up to 50mb/s. I canot believe fx6300 has such low single thread speed, well maybe it has. Also maybe You found some bug in 7 zip?

Sorry for breaking forum bb code rules Cool
It has lowish single threaded but mine was heavily overclocked giving it the equivalent of something like i5 4440 so it shouldn't be that.

I did use ultra over maximum though so that could be why as I know ultra is stupid levels of slow.
Pages: 1 2 3