..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best Settings for My Computer (I've Tried Dozens of Threads and Videos to No Avail)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Particularly for playing the game Kingdom Hearts 2

I'm currently using PSCX2 1.2.1 and my FPS never reaches higher than 45...

My System (Windows 10)
---

Processor: AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics       1.70 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.19 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Pen and Full Windows Touch Support with 20 Touch Points

Any help would be very appreciated I'm tearing my hair out :C
your cpu is very weak for PS2 emulation, mixed with being a mobile processor, without playing with the speedhack options you are not going to get 60fps out of that computer I'm afraid.
(11-16-2015, 12:10 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]your cpu is very weak for PS2 emulation, mixed with being a mobile processor, without playing with the speedhack options you are not going to get 60fps out of that computer I'm afraid.

Ohhhhhh, okay. I didn't think PS2 emulation takes so much... I was wondering why I could play Life Is Strange on high graphics just fine but PCSX2 constantly lags as if I was playing on my very first computer moniter! Thank you very much I'll look into the speedhacks and see what's the best I can come up with.
Life Is Strange has very low requirements for a recent game, so it's no surprise you can still play it with higher settings. One of the most important requirements with PCSX2 is CPU single thread performance. Ideally that would be close to 2000, yours is a little over 800.
(11-16-2015, 12:24 AM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Life Is Strange has very low requirements for a recent game, so it's no surprise you can still play it with higher settings. One of the most important requirements with PCSX2 is CPU single thread performance. Ideally that would be close to 2000, yours is a little over 800.

Ah, thanks for the info I hadn't known that...