..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Avatar the Last Airbender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to figure out good settings to get all the Avatar games to run well. As of now, it runs smoothly, but only about 50% speed at most points in the game. Has anyone found some settings that make this game run better or is it something about the way the game is made that makes it run slower? All my plugins are set up as per the English guide on the forums.

*edit* Oops, forgot to include PC specs

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 clocked at 3.2 ghz
4 gigs of Kingston 1066 MHZ DDR2 RAM
Nvidia 9800 GTX Black edition 512MB graphics card
Windows Vista64 Ultimate
Have you enabled all the speed hacks and NATIVE option in GSdx config.
Also make an ISO of your game disc and run it with Linuzappz ISO plugin.
I've already made an ISO. I'll try some of the speedhacks before I enable native resolution because I don't want the game to look like garbage. Which of the speed hacks generally provide a good boost without wrecking games?

Update for anyone else who might be trying to get this game going:

Speedhacks enabled:
EE x2 cycle rate speed hack
INTC Sync hack
Enable IOP x2 cycle rate
WaitCycles sync hack

Advanced options:
EE recs Clamp Mode set to None, Flush to Zero checked
VU recs Clamp Mode set to None, Flush to Zero checked

All other options are either default or as indicated in the setup guide on these forums.
Plugins used:
GSDx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSSE3) 0.1.14 DX10 mode
SPU2-X 1.1.0
Lilypad 0.9.9
Linuz ISO CDDVD 0.8.0

I'm also using the 2.00 bios if that matters, but I doubt that it does. I can get my hands on the other USA version of the BIOS if it would help, but then you all wouldn't help me anymore Tongue

Anyway, I was able to see a noticeable speed increase, still not 100% speed at all times, but 92% or so speed most of the time, with only the occasional slowdown to around 50%. I didn't playtest too extensively, so the slowdowns could still be present at times of very high action, but at first glance the speed increases are significant with those options and a similar hardware configuration.

Update 2:
For those with similar hardware, enabling native resolution and disabling texture filtering has no discernible speed impact.