..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem With Random Lag Spikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to get PCSX2 to play a few games and I've been getting random lag spikes were the game will lag visually and audibly for a second or two. Currently I've tried Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and they all do it.

CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: GTX 980 SLI
RAM: 16GB

So as far as I can tell it really shouldn't be a problem with my system as i7-4790K as far as I'm aware is a pretty good CPU. Also I'm using the most current version of PCSX2.

I've been messing with all manners of settings to see if the issue would be fixed and I simply cannot figure out what is wrong with it and why it's doing this. Google has shown no solution for my problem her either so any help would be immensely appreciated.
are you playing directly from your original physical PS2 DVD ?
It happens here too and the fix is:

Quote:PCSX2 hates the SpeedStep feature on your processor that dynamically overclock/downclock your processor depending on the load.The speed is stable when I set the:

Control Panel=>type power in the searchbar at the top right=>Power Options=>Change Plan Settings=>Processor Power Management=>Minimum Processor State=>set it to 100%
If I set it to 5%(default value)=>start pcsx2=>set it to 100%=>return to pcsx2=>set it again to 5%...that will result in even worse performance...permanently(until you restart pcsx2)
(12-03-2015, 06:05 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]It happens here too and the fix is:

If I set it to 5%(default value)=>start pcsx2=>set it to 100%=>return to pcsx2=>set it again to 5%...that will result in even worse performance...permanently(until you restart pcsx2)

well setting Minimum Processor State to 5% or anything other then 100% will cause speedstep and core parking to kickin. so of coarse it make things worse

100% on that setting disable both core parking and speedstep anything below it will cause both to kick in and speedstep some times think pcsx2 dont need full power of cpu when it does

this also providing that is his problem, pcsx2 dont like sli last i looked, and Nvidia GPU some time think they can run at idle speeds in pcsx2, if adaptive is used, which is why i have pcsx2 profile in nvcp set to max performance