..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 won't even open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 1.2.1 and the program opens up perfectly but when I try to open it with the latest git version 1.3.1 - 1525 g601d182  I get an error saying "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I click OK and then I get another error saying The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

What is going on here?
Install VC++ 2015 x86 redist
Was this a recent change in PCSX2 or in windows 10? I updated everything in windows 10 like 15 minutes ago. I thought it would have already came with it...
(12-05-2015, 06:22 AM)NoleNation Wrote: [ -> ]Was this a recent change in PCSX2 or in windows 10? I updated everything in windows 10 like 15 minutes ago. I thought it would have already came with it...

It's a change in pcsx2 that came a few days/weeks ago.

As a side note, Microsoft has never been able to provide their latest windows version with updated directx.
You really believe every single component is updated when you run windows update ? Come one, be seriousLaugh Laugh
win 10 just comes with VC 12 and 14 as part of "apps" if you want all the VC install at once look at my sig
In my perfect little world yes everything gets updated lmfao Thanks guys