..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Steam In-Home Streaming with PS3 Controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to use the In-Home Streaming tool that steam provides with PCSX2. I have been able to get the game working, but for the life of me I have not been able to get the controller to work. I have XInput Wrapper successfully installed on both computers, and it works perfect. Now though, the PS3 controller plugged into the host controller acts as some sort of keyboard; the left analog stick moves the mouse and X simulates the enter key, but no other keys seem to do anything. As such, I'm unable to configure LilyPad to pick up the controller's action.
     Everything else works fine; I've used In-Home Streaming to stream other games successfully with a mouse and keyboard, and I've used a ps3 controller to play games on each computer before. This is the only kink left in an otherwise perfect setup.

Thanks in advance!
Nobody knows anything at all that can help me? I find that hard to believe...
Having the same problem. Circle button also acts like the ESC key, exiting the main PCSX2 window.
(12-20-2015, 12:02 AM)porkypie Wrote: [ -> ]Having the same problem. Circle button also acts like the ESC key, exiting the main PCSX2 window.

I haven't given up searching for a solution, but nothing has fixed it for me thus far. I have found many different threads that say what a great combo PCSX2 and In-Home Streaming is, but I have yet to experience the synergy myself...

That being said, if anyone was able to somehow resolve this issue I would be extremely grateful; PCSX2 works wonders on my computer and I would love to be able to capture the emulation magic on my laptop as well...
(12-24-2015, 07:39 PM)LugeL Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't given up searching for a solution, but nothing has fixed it for me thus far. I have found many different threads that say what a great combo PCSX2 and In-Home Streaming is, but I have yet to experience the synergy myself...

That being said, if anyone was able to somehow resolve this issue I would be extremely grateful; PCSX2 works wonders on my computer and I would love to be able to capture the emulation magic on my laptop as well...

Sorry for necromancing the thread, but I found this thread through Google, and I'm sure others will too.

Here is the solution: Make sure you have the --nogui --fullscreen flags set in your steam shortcut (in the Target box).

Enjoy Smile

I suspect the problem comes from Steam thinking that you're not running a game because the root window of PCSX2 is it's settings screen.

Same thing happens in OpenMW too, and I think in that it's caused by it's always-running console. It's like steam is trying to emulate the mouse/keyboard, probably if your game has a launcher that doesn't support the controller.
That doesn't work for me... The B/circle still escapes out of the game.