..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Grey screen in ZeroGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm new in PS2 emulation but not new in emulation at all. I've tried to run Grandia 3 on Pcsx2 0.9.6. I've used all possible speedhacks. And I found that Zerogs plugin works much faster than Gsdx. 25 fps against 15 fps on some areas. But the problem is that Zerogs only shows menus and videos. Instead of 3D world I can see only grey screen. It shows the world only in wireframe mode. But wireframe's not good, you know. I spent much time for configuring the plugin. But the only picture I could get was very bad [attachment=15757]. (I've made this by checking "Specular highlights") Gsdx shows good picture but as I said already it's more slower.
I'm using Pcsx2 0.9.6, ZeroGS 0.97.1.
My PC: AMD Athlon64 3000+, 1.5 GB RAM, Powercolor Radeon X1650XT 256 Mb with PixelShader 2.0, 3.0 support. ATI Catalyst version: 9.1.
Please, help someone! How can I solve this problem?
Quote:Please, help someone! How can I solve this problem?

Yup. Use gsdx and try to overclock your CPU. Your rig isn't powerful enough to get playable speeds.
This problem is dificult for you because seem only zerogs only your option and this plugin doesnt up to date. Please upgrade your cpu to dualcore cpu if your mobo still support AMD X2 cpu i suggest you to change in same brand AMD cpu, this is the cheapest way to get an upgrade.
Thanks, I guess it's only way to do Sad
Hey! I found the cause of the grey screen! That was because of quick saving the game (F1) when I used Gsdx plugin. So if I START the game using ZeroGS then there are no more grey screen! And even more! When I played using ZeroGS I pressed F1. Then I changed plugin to Gsdx. Tried to load: "Could not load the save state. Emulator have to quit."
So, everyone who have that problem - you should load save states with the same plugin you saved that state! Not very in english, but I'm russian Smile !
Good to hear if that your problem got solved.