..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: MGS2, does it work on 0.9.6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know if mgs2 works on 0.9.6. i know the mgs2 substance version does but i would like to know if the ntsc version before i buy it at gamestop for gamestop for used $5.

does no one honestly know if mgs2 ntsc origninal works on 0.9.6. ???
(03-27-2009, 02:53 AM)stunt789 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know if mgs2 works on 0.9.6. i know the mgs2 substance version does but i would like to know if the ntsc version before i buy it at gamestop for gamestop for used $5.

does no one honestly know if mgs2 ntsc origninal works on 0.9.6. ???
You can get it For PC =P I just finished Tanker and am playin usin Raiden Right now =)
The online compatibility list says "Ingame" for MGS2. Not sure if there are any threads in the forum to the contrary, though.

You could always try it out for yourself. If it doesn't work, at least you'll be able to play it on your PS2 (or PS3 if you have one that's backwards-compatible. I'm pretty sure it works fine on the PS3).
Get PC version.Less trouble Wink
but with the emulator i can upscale the resolution to 1600x1200 or beyond(maximum i can i my monitor is 1900x1200). plus it will get better performace with dx10(i dont know what dx version the pc version uses)
MGS2 substance doesnt work right now, but the original mgs2 it does
(03-27-2009, 06:05 PM)stunt789 Wrote: [ -> ]but with the emulator i can upscale the resolution to 1600x1200 or beyond(maximum i can i my monitor is 1900x1200). plus it will get better performace with dx10(i dont know what dx version the pc version uses)
There`s no way it could be faster or playable than PC version. If you really want to play the game for fun, I will recommend you PC version. Smile
(03-27-2009, 08:21 PM)vampirexx Wrote: [ -> ]MGS2 substance doesnt work right now, but the original mgs2 it does

I have the original MGS2 and I can't even get it to boot, just a black screen. I mainly use GSDX 890 SSE41 0.1.14 with DX10, but I have tried all the other plugins and many other options with no luck. What settings do you use if you don't mind? PC specs in are my sig. Thanks.