..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: USB device support for Codebreaker Day1 files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, wondering if someone can advise.

I have PCSX 2-CE up and running under El Capitan through WINE. Games are running and playable.

I've been able to use the Codebreaker V10 iso to select and play with cheat codes. I'd like to add some cheats to the Codebreaker database. I downloaded a Day1 file from Codetwink and transferred it to my USB flash drive. However, when I select "Day1" from the Codebreaker menu, it says "No device available".

I'm guessing that I need to install a USB plugin, so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend one which would allow Codebreaker to detect my USB drive?

The version of PCSX 2-CE which came with the wrapper and which I'm using is 1.3.0.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.
(12-24-2015, 11:21 PM)SamingtonSquire Wrote: [ -> ]I have PCSX 2-CE up and running under El Capitan through WINE. Games are running and playable.
Why?????????^^^^^^^^^^^^
Secondly i do not know of any successful plugins that emulate usb the way you are looking for.

and Thirdly,

The way you emulate Pcsx2 is so counter productive to performance. If you have a mac try a boot camp install you may see performance gains 

I certainly did when i through on a windows install
You are welcome to look at my thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Codebreak...-w-Day-1-s
(12-25-2015, 02:18 AM)Eiodalin Wrote: [ -> ]Why?????????^^^^^^^^^^^^
Secondly i do not know of any successful plugins that emulate usb the way you are looking for.

and Thirdly,

The way you emulate Pcsx2 is so counter productive to performance. If you have a mac try a boot camp install you may see performance gains 

I certainly did when i through on a windows install

Okay thank you. I don't currently have a Windows OS so WINE is just a temporary workaround. Thanks for the tip.
(12-25-2015, 02:29 AM)ps2freak Wrote: [ -> ]You are welcome to look at my thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Codebreak...-w-Day-1-s

Thank you, I downloaded the file☺️. Not sure what to do with it. Do I need a physical PS2? Afraid mine is broken.
You must use MyMC, I don't know if it is MAC-compatible. There are threads in here about how to use it, it is pretty easy :-)

EDIT: I made a mistake :-(. You have a 7z-file with a whole memorycard for PCSX2. Just unzip it and put it in your memorycard folder for this emu.
(12-25-2015, 03:03 AM)ps2freak Wrote: [ -> ]You must use MyMC, I don't know if it is MAC-compatible. There are threads in here about how to use it, it is pretty easy :-)

EDIT: I made a mistake :-(. You have a 7z-file with a whole memorycard for PCSX2. Just unzip it and put it in your memorycard folder for this emu.

Hi, that worked perfectly! Thanks very much!

I did have problems with the memcard manager itself for a while. It just wouldn't let me insert your card or even a new one I created. Eventually, I ended up highlighting an empty port and creating a card directly such that it was inserted into that port. It then let me overwrite that card by inserting yours over the top, in the same port. Still, at least it's working and that's an awesome file!

Cheers.
You're welcome.