..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gran Turismo 4 crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing GT4 for about a week with no issues.  Followed the guide to get everything working in hardware mode.

I was able to get the first license (B license) and race in races just fine.  But when I try to get the second license (A license), PCSX2 crashes, or has an Assertion Failure.

..\..\FiFo.cpp(47) : assertion failed:
    Function:  ReadFIFO_VIF1
    Thread:    EE Core
    Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x011CBB23                                  
[01] 0x01131130                                  
[02] 0x012F66FB                                  
[03] 0x00FE7B2F                                  
[04] 0x00FE802A                                  
[05] ptw32_throw                                 
[06] endthreadex                                 
[07] endthreadex                                 
[08] BaseThreadInitThunk                         
[09] RtlUnicodeStringToInteger                   
[10] RtlUnicodeStringToInteger             

I'm on version 1.3.0.5907. 
The ISO is ripped right from my physical copy.
I think this is a well known problem. There is no general fix for this license but something like a temporary workaround.

Ref said once:
Ref Wrote:or the fact this is a known crash and you need to disable "automatic game fixes" then make sure your clamping for EE/VU is set to normal or none, then it works ;p

So please try to disable automatic gamefixes and use EE clamping none or normal. I think there was once a better thread discussing solutions and drawbacks. Maybe I can find it.

Edit:
Here is the corresponding bug report.
It worked! Thank you for the quick response too. I would like to see that thread aswell. I'll look for it too, please post it if you find it.
I added the bug report in my first response.
I was actually thinking about this thread. But it is actually not more helpful than the other one. It just sticked in my mind because I was trying to help as well. However the second thread doesn't show much more information than the first one.

I guess this HOWTO enjoy GT4-Thread you already know and mentioned in your first post?