..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts II Final mix Crash issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like too begin by saying that I am new to the forum and apologize for any noobness. 

Previously I was able to play this game with zero issues. (perhaps a year ago on window 7) I had to buy a new hdd and therefore had to reinstall everything. It seems no matter what settings I use, the game crashes after about 20 mins or so. I've tried different versions of the emulator (1.1.0, 1.2.1, and 1.3.0 all of which are still on my pc) followed uncountable setup videos, but nothing seems to work. 
The game always seems to be working appropriately and then crashes before I get the opportunity to save.

My specs: 
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Intel i7 950 @3.07' oc @ 3.4
8gb ram
Msi geforce GTX 970 4gb
 Using a wireless 360 controller.
I've tried leaving all settings at default as well as different setting variations.

If any addtional info is needed I will provide it. 
Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
(01-10-2016, 08:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

I seem to have fixed the issue. Through all instructions I followed, the audio settings did not change, all of them used x audio2. I switched from x audio 2, to Directsound and now i no longer crash at all.
Would be great if you could test with the 1.4.0 release and xaudio 2, we made some changes to prevent some crashes with it but never confirmed them as working
(01-10-2016, 11:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Would be great if you could test with the 1.4.0 release and xaudio 2, we made some changes to prevent some crashes with it but never confirmed them as working

I'll do that. Once I get home I'll download and post an update.