..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: BLACK freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me! My PAL version of "BLACK" freezes all the time. Tried many settings (for example: clamp mode off/ extra, superVU, game fix: OPH Flag Hack, MTVU off), and I´m wondering why just me have this freezes (checked at the wiki). Often there are frame drops (from 60/50 to 30-40), maybe they cause the game to freeze, but in almost every game there are frame drops and other games never crashed. It´s just "BLACK". And no, it´s not a stuck thing. Switching to Software mode doesnt help, shows strange colours or just blackscreen. The fps stay at 60. I can hear sounds of the last 2 seconds in a loop. I dumped the game twice. Thanks in advance.

System: OS: Windows 7 CPU: Intel 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: XFX Nvidia GTX 260 RAM: 4 GB
In which PCSX Versions tested: 1.0.0, 1.2.1, 1.4.0, 0.9.8
Since your specs aren't the vests and this game is quite demanding...
Tried without speedhacks ?
(01-11-2016, 11:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Since your specs aren't the vests and this game is quite demanding...
Tried without speedhacks ?

I know, but I can play all Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six games at full speed (with speedhacks) so I thought BLACK shouldnt´t be a problem too. No I haven´t tried it completely without speedhacks, but I can do it now. Do you mean just without "EE Cyclerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" or all speedhacks off? A guy at the wiki played it with "VU Cycle Stealing" and he reported no issues.

PCSX2PS2

Maybe the iso you have mounted was not successfully done.
This problem occurs for me while running sonic heroes because it was not fully mounted.
(01-11-2016, 11:43 PM)LeRutY Wrote: [ -> ]I know, but I can play all Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six games at full speed (with speedhacks) so I thought BLACK shouldnt´t be a problem too. No I haven´t tried it completely without speedhacks, but I can do it now. Do you mean just without "EE Cyclerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" or all speedhacks off? A guy at the wiki played it with "VU Cycle Stealing" and he reported no issues.

Hmm, I have been playing for about 10 minutes (without EE Cycle Rate and VU Cycle Stealing, all others are activated) now and I have to say, no more freezes. And yeah, I have slowdowns to 30 fps in the second level in an enemy´s base. But at least it doesn´t freeze. I hope it won´t do it until I don´t want to play it anymore. If the deactivation of both "advanced" speedhacks solved the problem, I have to thank you jesalvein Laugh
(01-12-2016, 12:08 AM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the iso you have mounted was not successfully done.
This problem occurs for me while running sonic heroes because it was not fully mounted.

I did that twice. But maybe my problem is already solved, maybe "EE Cyclerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" caused "Black" to freeze.

PCSX2PS2

Try constant frameskipping frames to draw 2 or 1 and frames to skip 2. This is very useful for me while playing dbz bt3. In battles i got about 50 fps.
Note- use framelimiter to normal by pressing f4 button. This will make the sound runs with speed.

If you use frameskipping without speedhacks it also works.
(01-12-2016, 12:28 AM)PCSX2PS2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try constant frameskipping frames to draw 2 or 1 and frames to skip 2. This is very useful for me while playing dbz bt3. In battles i got about 50 fps.
Note- use framelimiter to normal by pressing f4 button. This will make the sound runs with speed.

If you use frameskipping without speedhacks it also works.

But "BLACK" is an first-person-shooter. I quickly tried frameskipping, but for me it´s not working well. It feels like v-sync in pc games, you can´t aim very fast on enemys. Framelimiter can be useful, I use it for some games to load faster (game levels or on ps2 start). But thanks for your tips

PCSX2PS2

Also try framelimiter on turbo mode with frameskipping.