..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Rule of Rose getting slower and slower as I play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!
So I'm doing a Let's Play on Rule of Rose and I have noticed that the further I go in the game, the slower it gets, especially if there are a lot of mobs in the area. Cutscenes often makes the game crash now, and some area are simply almost unplayable. I don't know what causes this, I've fixed the "cutscene don't show" problem but this slowmotion effect when I play is getting stronger and stronger. Right now I'm approaching the end of the game, I probably have 2 to 3 hours of gameplay left before I finish it, but it's getting really stressfull because I know it might crash at any moment now... Anyway if you could help me please Smile
Thank you!
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Hello again!

Here are my specs:
Intel Core i7 4700HQ at 2.40 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
8 Go of memory DDR3 at 798.14 MHz
Windows 8.1

I hope these specs make sense to you, I'm French so I'm trying to translate those as I have them in French on my PC...

PCSX 1.2.1

I play with the ISO (I do own the game though, I just don't want to damage it)
And it's Rule of Rose (USA version as the European one keeps crashing in the first chapter of the game)
Hello!
Sorry for posting again but I'm worried my post will be forgotten XD So nobody has any ideas what could cause this slow down?
What does the EE/VU says in the titlebar of the game window when that happen.
You're on 1.2.1?

Upgrade to 1.4.0 or 1.5.0 (development build).