..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: speed increase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
what should i upgrade to improve my fps?
my system spec:winxp professional sp2,2gb ram,core 2 duo 2.66 ghz,xfx geforce 8500 gt 512 mb.
plugins:gsdx9 0.1.14,spu2-x 1.1.0.
your proc is OK but overclock it !
Your graphic card is a bit weak...8800GT or more with 512Mo is OK
use the latest pcsx2 : 0.9.6
Upgrade you OS too to vista, that can give more fps in many games.Upgrade you OS too to vista, that can give more fps in many games.
Um... wouldn't Windows 7 be a better idea? Huh Because, as far as I know, Vista takes too much space and if it will be used only for gaming, it probably isn't much worth it. Then again, Windows 7 is still only Beta, isn't it?
(03-29-2009, 09:52 PM)zomurn Wrote: [ -> ]Your graphic card is a bit weak...8800GT or more with 512Mo is OK

I'm using an 8400GS 256 and doing just fine.
As far as I know this emu takes more on CPU power than on GPU.

In my laptop currently at 2.4Ghz (C2D Penryn T8300) and with an 8400GT (128bit vs 64bit of 8400gs) I'm doing just fine. Games are quite playable, FFX runs 40-60fps (not in FMV). But an overclock of CPU will greatly improve this while an OC on GPU will barely if not.
Overclock your CPU to 3GHz if possible and switch to Vista to utilize DX10 plugins, and you should do pretty well.
Vista is highly UNRECOMMENDED for new users. (seriously, I have enough issues with it and I know what I'm doing)
(03-30-2009, 06:37 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]Vista is highly UNRECOMMENDED for new users. (seriously, I have enough issues with it and I know what I'm doing)

Like what? Vista SP1 is very stable, I've had my notebook running almost 24/7 for 5 months without a problem.
my os has crashed numerous times, instilling microsoft software; my graphics driver crashes randomly; software shuts down on its own, while it's working.. need I go on?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5